Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please be gentle, it's going to be my first time! You have all talked me into it... and time providing I will be doing my first Zaino this weekend. Just so I'm clear, here's what I intend to do:

1. Dawn wash
2. Claybar
3. Z-7 wash
4. Z-5 / ZFX <--- can I do a 50/50 Z2-Z5 mix here? My DG is only 3 mos. old and don't think swirling is that bad.
5. Z-6
6. Z-2 / ZFX
7. Z-6

Right?? If all works out I will be doing two other cars with my friends at the same time - Blue 04 Corvette and Black 04 Mustang Cobra. My arms are going to fall off by the end!

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
go for the 50/50 mix. but you forgot the most important ingredient: your favorite beer in between each coat. you might want to consider some advil (for the hangover or body aches afterwards or both :lol: :lol: )

PS: remember a little Z goes a loooong way!

good luck and post pics! and welcome to the brotherhood......

·
Registered
63 Posts
i am a zaino virgin as well, any one wanna take the time out to explain, or show me to the topic??

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
make sure you spread it thin! its not like wax where its thick and heavy. make sure you mist the applicator with z6 now and then which helps keep it spreading out in a thin layer.

if you do this, its MUCH eachier to take off too when its time to polish the dried residue off

·
Registered
706 Posts
I basically use a 1/2 bottle of mixture for the whole car. I believe that's about 1 ounce.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PrayForSnow said:
i am a zaino virgin as well, any one wanna take the time out to explain, or show me to the topic??
Take a look in this "Detailing" forum for every post that has "Zaino" in the title... the pictures will speak for themselves as to the results. 1st time seems like it will be a lot of work but I'm taking the plunge!

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
ShadyJC said:
finsfx said:
you forgot the most important ingredient: your favorite beer in between each coat
Do I just pour it over my head or what? :lol:
whatever works! :lol: cute kid in your avatar. Filipino?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
gotcha, thanks

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
All the best to you today JC! :) You'll ALWAYS remember the 1st time! :shock: Right, guys & gals? :oops:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A PERFECT day to do this - 74 degrees, mostly sunny, winds 5-10mph. Started at 10:30am, finished at 5:00pm with an hour break for lunch. 2 cars done, identical process on each - Dawn wash, Clay, Z-7, Z5/Z2, Z6, Z2, Z6. (That's a lot of Zainoing!)

Bottom line - Sal Zaino should win a Nobel Prize for this stuff! All I can say is WOW.

WOW - I can't believe I actually did it
WOW - the shine is AMAZING
WOW - the whole car is SLICK like a sheet of ice
WOW - my arms are about to fall off and my back hurts like nobody's business

I know, I know - seen one picture of a shiny car, seen them all... But too bad, here's my contribution to the ZAINO picture files.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Very Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I'm having a hard time trying to see the blue vette cause some shiny thing carved out of SILVER ICE keeps gettin' in the way! ~ Now today will be easier, cause you don't have to do the 1st 2 steps. Go ahead, you know you can't resist. :D Feels Great doesn' it? 8)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Shady, I knew I liked you buddy.

FX and a C5.

:D

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
GEAUX said:
Shady, I knew I liked you buddy.

FX and a C5.

:D
ditto. welcome to the brotherhood. cheers!

additonal coats mandatory!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Sounds good will have to pick up a set when I get a chance to be back in the states again. The whole process basically takes a weekend to do.

Jim

Got to start chilling the Vodkas

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ShadyJC said:
jimsbmw said:
The whole process basically takes a weekend to do.
Yeah, this is why I haven't done it yet. I don't have that kind of time (nor a place to do it).

Ira at LA Zaino has given me a couple of names of detail shops here in LA County that use Zaino, and once I get a chance to check 'em out I'll post here where I finally went.

I need the full Monty- wash/strip/clay/3 coats, plus I need to have my interior carpets done and Lexol applied.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
kcrudup said:
ShadyJC said:
jimsbmw said:
The whole process basically takes a weekend to do.
Yeah, this is why I haven't done it yet. I don't have that kind of time (nor a place to do it).

Ira at LA Zaino has given me a couple of names of detail shops here in LA County that use Zaino, and once I get a chance to check 'em out I'll post here where I finally went.

I need the full Monty- wash/strip/clay/3 coats, plus I need to have my interior carpets done and Lexol applied.
woohoo!! that's gonna cost some $$$$

1 - 20 of 30 Posts