Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Nothing better is it? I have used Zaino for a few years now. Easy and quick.
BTW, that FX looks NICE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this year is my first time using zaino. i put 3 coats on about a month or so ago and i can tell its already lasting longer than the wax i used to use on my cars. all of the salt from the last snow that was caked on there for weeks just came right off too.

i figure i'd take advantage of this nice 60 degree weather we are having here in DC this week :)

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
GEAUX said:
Nothing better is it? I have used Zaino for a few years now. Easy and quick.
BTW, that FX looks NICE!!!!!!!!
The car looks great!

BTW: "Easy and quick"? I don't have any experience using Zaino but I have read many posts about it and never heard anyone say it was easy nor quick! What's the truth here guys? I want to decide on something soon because I'm currently a BlitzWax user which truly is quick and easy, but does not last very long (even in nice CA weather).

·
Registered
882 Posts
I wouldn't say Zaino is quick and easy. The first time you use it you are probably going to dedicate a day to waxing your car...

First wash the car...dry it...apply locking polish...then three coats of Zaino...between each coat using Z6...its an undertaking

but Zaino lasts longer than Meguires and the shine is unbeatable.
When I had my TL people always asked what type of wax I was using.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
mushutofu said:
I wouldn't say Zaino is quick and easy. The first time you use it you are probably going to dedicate a day to waxing your car...

First wash the car...dry it...apply locking polish...then three coats of Zaino...between each coat using Z6...its an undertaking

You're in SF right? Want to swing by and "show" me how it's done? :wink: :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Very shiny!! :D :D

I wish its 60 degree in NY now. I can't wait to spend a day to clean and wax my FX. :lol: :lol:

Post more pic of your FX.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Very shiny!! :D :D

I wish its 60 degree in NY now. I can't wait to spend a day to clean and wax my FX. :lol: :lol:

Post more pic of your FX.

·
Registered
882 Posts
You're in SF right? Want to swing by and "show" me how it's done?
:lol: :lol: How about I just tell you

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
mushutofu said:
You're in SF right? Want to swing by and "show" me how it's done?
:lol: :lol: How about I just tell you
I know someone who knows someone that has a Goonies T-Shirt. How 'bout i see if I can get it for ya in exchange for the zaino job? :wink:

·
Registered
882 Posts
You don't give up do you :shock:

Consider it a work out because afterwards your back and arm will be sore.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
mushutofu said:

Not true.

If you want to put 3 coats in one day, then yes. But the easy part is that you do not put it on thick, you simply make thin lines front to back and top/down.

Wash the car with DAWN only first. This gets all wax buildup and stuff off. While washing it use a Clay bar to get debris out of the paint.

Then dry(microfiber towel/waterblade/cotton towel) Your choice.

THen wax. ZFX now combines the first two steps, so it does not take as long. Previously, you had to put a coat of Z1, let it dry, then apply Z2 dirctly on top, let it dry.

Now, it is one step, it dries thinner, and wipes off without elbow grease.

Z6 for a liquid polish in between washes, and after was if you want.

You can apply as man coats as time permits.

So, I stand by my comment. Fast and Easy. Compared to most other systems.

Now Maguires, as well as a couple of others, are wonderful products as well, and you cant go wrong. But I have a system down with Zaino. At the most 2 hours, and this includes doing everything on the car. Not just the wax :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well i guess its fast for you...i've been using Zaino for over a year now and from wash to wax it takes time. ZFX helps but IT DOES NOT replace Z1. ZFX is a chemical additive to the Z2 so that it cures/dries faster cutting the drying time in half.

Anyways the end result is always good :D

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
in about a 7 hour period i did a dawn wash, claybar, zaino wash, z2, z2.

i think that applying and reoving zaino is easier than waxing, but you'll still get a sore arm on that first full detailing ;)

i added a third coat a few weeks later and that was after a regular zaino wash and the wash, dry and zaino took me about 2.5 hours

still had a sore arm, but all in all i found it less taxing than waxing (probably becuase the zaino goes on soooo smoothly with a little bit of misted wash on the applicator) :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
7 hours is too long of a time to be detailing the car. If I do a full detail (dawn wash,clay bar, rinse, dry,zymol wax,buff,windows,), I can do this in about 2.5 hours. I usually maintain the interior so that doesn't take me any time at all.

I wonder if you put my Zymol FX next to your Zaino FX if you could tell the difference. Hmmm!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
FXcellent said:
7 hours is too long of a time to be detailing the car. If I do a full detail (dawn wash,clay bar, rinse, dry,zymol wax,buff,windows,), I can do this in about 2.5 hours. I usually maintain the interior so that doesn't take me any time at all.

I wonder if you put my Zymol FX next to your Zaino FX if you could tell the difference. Hmmm!

IF you are up on the zymol (meaning, monthly at the VERY minimum), then i would say NO, you couldnt tell a difference....

this is what i have read from several enthusiasts that maintain their car alot, then swiitched to Zaino, and havent noticed an improvement....

results were that the zaino lasts longer, and gives top shelf shine/protection, but one can have similar results by being very dedicated to the other top 3 products (zymol, meguairs pro series, klasse)

id still like to give my car the full Zainey-day treatment .....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I haven't been doing much Zaino this winter because Bella lives in the garage at home, but as I recall my summer routine was:
rinse with water, Zaino wash (Z-7? I forget), Z-6, Z-2 with ZFX, Z-6, Stoner's Invisible Glass for the windows inside & out and I was done in under an hour. (I even did it before work once!)
I've probably got at least 8 coats of Z-2 and a couple of Z-5 coats on there now with multiple Z-6 in-betweens. I use Zaino leather-in-a-bottle for the interior and it smells like new!
My Bella loves it when I rub the Zaino over the smooth curves of her hood and buff her big ol' rump with a clean white cotton towel. Try it and watch your bionic cheetah arch her back and purrrr! :wink:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts