Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a problem with the Z2 or Z5 drying? I have even left it on overnight and the next morning it is still not dry. I use the finger test to see if it's dry and it just smears. I wipe it off anyway and it just takes a long time and a lot of effort.

Any suggestions?

And I use the accelerator at the recommended mixture of no more than 5 drops per ounce of Z2/Z5.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
You might want to try a lighter coat.

If I fill up that little bottle they give with polish, I use 9 drops of zfx, just to make sure it dries. And I live in New Mexico, it not moist here.

Even if you have smears, z-6 will get them off in the end.

Good Luck :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
I only used 4 drops of zfx for 2/5 of the bottle filled and i was zainoing in the fog...

and still, it dries almost immediately...

of course, i don't recommend doing it when it is foggy but living in nor cal near the coast is almost unpredictable to determine when the fog will move in...

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
yeah, i'm thinking you're applying too thick. try slightly wetting the applicator with Z6, 5 drops of polish in a N-S-E-W & center pattern and spread with fingers. Then apply to FX and you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
When you apply it, you are not supposed to really see the polish on the car. Not like the old wax was.

Two or three drops on the applicator and several swipes. If it is on that thick it would take forever to dry, if ever, and it would be a pain to remove.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Got my Zaino pkg today. Will Zaino up tomorrow. Do I clay bar and Zaino over the clear bra as well?

It's almost too hot here in Texas to Zaino!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
talk about teaching an old dog , new tricks! Zy. - to - Zaino , without even trying Klasse or Waxing Frenzy in between. WOW! ans. YES, carefully.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hey, I'm only giving Zaino a shot to compete with Zymol. I'd hate to be accused of speaking incorrectly without having all the evidence! :wink:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Sal will be glad to hear that. invite the twins over once , you may not want them to leave - they might even get you in a Frenzy!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Leave me alone so someone can answer my question! :-x

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
FXcellent said:
Got my Zaino pkg today. Will Zaino up tomorrow. Do I clay bar and Zaino over the clear bra as well?

It's almost too hot here in Texas to Zaino!
:lol: yes :lol:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Zaino experience

Well, I got up about 7am today and started the Zaino process as below:

Dawn wash/rinse
Z-18 clay bar
Dawn wash/rinse
Blow dry (didn't work that great) and towel dry
Z-5/ZFX
Buff
Z-6
Z-2/ZFX
Buff
Z-6
Z-2/ZFX
Buff
Z-6

Notes/Comments: (bottle never did say-but assumed a full bottle is 2 ounces).

Mixed 3/4 of a bottle Z-5 and had some left over. After Z-5 layer, mixed 1/2 of a bottle Z-2 and that was about right.

Sprayed applicator with Z-6 and then used the Z-5, z-2. I was expecting the Z-5/Z-2 to go on smoother and easier. You still have to rub some and make sure the applicator doesn't get "dry" creating a streaking effect when applying. Had to really look closely to make sure Z-2 was getting applied everywhere. Buffing dry was easier than Zymol since it 's not applied as thick.

Z-6 was great (smells good too!) and was easy to apply.

Started at 7am and was finished at 10:30am. Not bad.

Feel and look is great. Clearer and glasier look than my beloved Zymol. We'll wait and see about the longevity and durability as compared to Zymol.

Also, you don't seem to have to worry about Zaino getting on the black plastic trim like other waxes. It doesn't create the white film that gets into the pits of the plastic.

Any comments about my applicaton of Zaino?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
you missed the most important step! your favorite alcoholic beverage in between each Z application :lol:

as they say here in the South, 'ya done real good'

pics would be nice, too....

·
Registered
706 Posts
My favorite beverage is hard to justify that early on a Saturday morning :D

I'll upload some pics later this afternoon.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Another coat of Zaino today. Also, washed/claybar/Z-5/Z-2/z-6 my son's car. After two days of Zainoing my axx is worn out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts