Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure somebody must have the Zaino Shine on an Ivory Pearl FX already. I just can't seem to find any pics. I'm waiting for IMongo to get his done, but can somebody shorten the wait? I suspect this will be my next investment in dollars, time, and muscle. I'm really looking for some motivation. :wink:

-Andy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just finished----- can't lift arms to type ----- send vodka---

Well, it really wasn't that bad. I will post pics, but it is now night and can't really get you any good ones.

So, a tip for ya. Go get one of those roll-ey mechanic's stool things. Makes doing the vertical surfaces much easier.

First, I clayed the hood and front fenders along with the roof. The purists may say do the entire car, but it's white. Not much point as long as the finish is new and clean. Besides, I gotta look at the hood all the time. Not the back. I did 1 coat of Z5 followed by 1 coat of Z2pro. My car is new so I didn't see the need for more. A couple of things that will help a lot. Use as little as possible. I used 2 oz of Z5 and only about 1 1/2 oz of Z2pro. Instead of trying to buff off the Z2/Z5 with lots of pressure and elbow grease, mist on a little Z6 to buff. Makes removing the residue very easy and polishes out the car beautifully. Finally, I used 303 on the tires and black trim under the car. Not shiny like AA but nice, deep luster that lasts longer than anything else (even the Zaino tire stuff).

I'll see if I can snap some pics tomorrow in the daylight for ya. But, go for it. My car looks AWESOME!

Mongo

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imongo said:
I'll see if I can snap some pics tomorrow in the daylight for ya.
I'll be posting some pics of mine as well. I just did it today... So two Ivory White Pearls got Zaino'd for the first time today! :D

-Andy

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like there are very few pictures of Zaino on white cars.
So I've finally done mine, and figured I would offer up some pics...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more picture

Check out the image of the tree on my hood in this shot. If you look carefully, you can see the last bit of sun that was still hitting the top of the tree in the reflection. I have to admit, Zaino did a pretty bang-up job. I didn't expect it to make a white car this reflective.

-Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yup, looks just like mine except with a different background (no ocean)!

I like the chrome wheels too. I thought about them but didn't want to wait. Looks awesome!

Call the message therapist for an appointment tomorrow...

Mongo

·
Registered
509 Posts
Isn't spring great?? The blooms on the tree in the background just happen to match your FX. :) And they probably still will when they fall off the tree, get all over the driveway, blow all over the street, clog up the pool filter, cause MY allergies to flare, :? Oh Sorry, guess I got carried away. Things have been in bloom in Phoenix for a few weeks and we already went from beautiful to,,, auchoo!! :cry: :lol:

BTW, your FX does look great. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.