Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just used the leather in a bottle on my brick seats. I just purchased the car and it's a 2004 with 8000 miles and was always garaged. I couldn't believe how dry the seats were. a quarter sized drop did about a 9" by 9" square. Do people use this on their dash and door panels as well? How often?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did read that post but it wasn't clear if anyone is using leather in a bottle for the vinyl dash as well. The back of the bottle says great for vinyl. Since I bought the ulitmate kit I plan on using Zaino's perfect tire gloss on all exterior rubber and plastic and the engine bay. I haven't seen much on this site about the tire gloss.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've also had very good experience with the tire gloss (Z-16). It works great on the black exterior trim and tires. For me, it's the best product I've used on tires -- the right amount of gloss with great durability...much better than Armor All and the Eagle product I used.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try using 303 on the tires, black lower trim, interior (not the leather). Doesn't get shiny like AA but give a low gloss luster that waaaay outlasts the Zaino tire stuff. Plus, 303 has lots of UV inhibitors. I don't use anything else on my vinyl on my car or boat (35 Cigarette).

Mongo

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
i'm ordering the cockpit stuff from wayne it sounds really good.

I'm also ordering his special mix for leather interior.

i don't reall have anything for the tires, is this neccessary? they seem to be clean when I wash the car anyway and when i tried some stuff on em they just got dirty so quick it wasnt worth it

·
Registered
509 Posts
contaygious said:
i don't reall have anything for the tires, is this neccessary? they seem to be clean when I wash the car anyway and when i tried some stuff on em they just got dirty so quick it wasnt worth it
I'm with you. I don't use anything on the tires or black trim. Although maybe the Zaino products are different, everything else seems to act like a magnent for road dust and grime. 8)

·
Registered
787 Posts
I just opened and used another bottle of Leather in a Bottle this past weekend. Right away I notice it didn't have the same leather like smell as my past bottles had.

This bottle had more of a hand cream smell, very little scent. Usually the scent stays on my hands before a good scrubbing but this time not much of a scent. I use a microfiber cloth to apply to the interior and the scent stays on it for weeks. I keep the cloth in the car to wipe down the dash while the car is warming up. Well today after work the micro towel smelled like my older brothers dirty socks as I had a flash back of how he would wake me up when we were kids.

The bottle was bought in Nov. I was just wondering if this is a new product from Zaino put into the same old package? Anybody else just recently buy Leather In A Bottle and notice a differance from past product?

Oh yea, its a bit more on the slippery side also, like as if your naked, been rubbed down with cooking oil and trying to stay in one place on a waterbed :lol: ........well not that bad.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
yep. great on vinyl. even used it on my previous convertible's vinyl top.

·
Registered
29 Posts
contaygious said:
If you try a tire cleaner like Hi-temp Tire Cleaner or Menzerna Wheel/Tire 7.5 Gel you'll get a whole ton of grime that comes off the tires. The rubber on your tire oxidizes, picks up road oils, brake dust, etc. Over time this will turn it brown. A dirty tire will not remain clean very long when a tire dressing is used.

For the tires I'll clean them with the previous mentioned products, agitated with a stiff tire brush, then followed with a water based tire dressing like Meguiar's Hyper Dressing. This stuff is great because I can dilute it. It isn't available in retail stores but rather at auto detailing supply stores. Or online. I've had customers comment 2 months later that their tires still look like new. Keep in mind I am in southern california and this is during the spring/summer months. :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Ba Ba Luwee said:
I just opened and used another bottle of Leather in a Bottle this past weekend. Right away I notice it didn't have the same leather like smell as my past bottles had.

This bottle had more of a hand cream smell, very little scent. Usually the scent stays on my hands before a good scrubbing but this time not much of a scent. I use a microfiber cloth to apply to the interior and the scent stays on it for weeks. I keep the cloth in the car to wipe down the dash while the car is warming up. Well today after work the micro towel smelled like my older brothers dirty socks as I had a flash back of how he would wake me up when we were kids.

The bottle was bought in Nov. I was just wondering if this is a new product from Zaino put into the same old package? Anybody else just recently buy Leather In A Bottle and notice a differance from past product?

Oh yea, its a bit more on the slippery side also, like as if your naked, been rubbed down with cooking oil and trying to stay in one place on a waterbed :lol: ........well not that bad.
Yeah, I think they may have changed the formula. Shame; that stuff smelled great. Right now I have a Z8 sniffing addiction... :oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.