Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**I split this off of the Z8 thread so not to bog it down with Z2 pro comments****

I love the Z6 too....I will of course try the Z8 but I am still upset on that Z2pro. I will trade anyone some z2 for some z2pro.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I love the Z6 too....I will of course try the Z8 but I am still upset on that Z2pro. I will trade anyone some z2 for some z2pro.
what happened with the Z2Pro?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was just too hard to put on. My wrists were killing me by the time I was done. In 15 mts I am on my 3rd starter pack, I really loved they ease of it before. It was also harder to get off in the heavy spots tht I could not make thinner once it hit the car.

I took pics but it might be later before I can get them to post them.
(dam cable broke)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
Hey SweetFX...,
You have ZPRO and want to trade for Z-2?
Email me...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
It was just too hard to put on.
Funny you should mention this. I put on a couple of coats of Z5 before adding the Z2Pro and I noticed the Z2Pro seemed thicker and harder to apply. What you're saying is that Z2 used to go on like Z5. Although I need the exercise :oops: I was surprised by the difference. I haven't tried the Z6 yet. Maybe this weekend. 8)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
in the beginning :D z2 used to be thin and smooth as glass and Z5 was the "thick" one. z5 wasnt really think, but it was thicker than z2.

now Z2Pro makes Z5 seem thin by comparison.

i actually like it ,dare i say better?, than z2 becuase it feels like its getting in all of the nooks and crannies and i can see it hazing easier. all of that with the same great z2 relective shine.

·
Registered
509 Posts
OK, after I read this thread today, I had to go home early and wash the FX (needed to get the bugs off anyhow) and try the Z6. It did go on easy and although it's kind of hard to tell on a silver paint finish it sure looks great.

We're expecting 25 mph winds on Friday again, so I will find out if the dust has trouble sticking. I'm not holding my breath. :?

PS: the Z6 bottle says it's good for sprucing up the finish between washes. Does anyone use this with a cotton rag to dust off the car assuming no heavy grime that could scratch?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i dust all the time with Z6 as long as the dust isnt real think. i do a light wipe off with a big cotton towel and then use a samll cotton rag to wipe on Z6. then i polish off with a big cotton towel again.

its good when your hood has a bit of dust on it and you want to sit in the drivers seat and see nothin' but mirror

·
Registered
509 Posts
bradical said:
its good when your hood has a bit of dust on it and you want to sit in the drivers seat and see nothin' but mirror
Thanks Brad, this is exactly what I was hoping for. Since I can't see the rest of the car from the drivers seat it's the dust on the big hood that drives me nuts. 8)

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are my pics after I applied Z2 pro. Same routine as the last 30+ times doing this. :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the hood. HArdest of all to do...I was dying by the time I was done.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
Here are my pics after I applied Z2 pro. Same routine as the last 30+ times doing this. :(
It appears to be applied way too heavy according to the pics.

Did you use ZFX?
If yes, next application ry 1/2 the amount you used.
Also, do a good Z-6 wipedown before applying and a couple shots of the Z-6 on the applicator pad also helps out.

Just by looking, it "looks" like it was applied with the "Z" pad...
Remember..., with Zaino, the less you use, the better...,

Hope this helps:)

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1. 2 drops of ZFX and then did the roof with Z2 pro only (same effect)

2. Waynes applicator pad pre-spayed with Z6

3. Did not spray with Z6 before polishing

4. I barely put any on the applicator. A drop the size of a nickel and maybe 1/4 inch thick

5. Tried putting on the car instead of the pad and small effect

6. As soon as I touched the car, that was it. Could not spread it. It just stuck there like paste.

7. Before with regular Z2 and same size amount on the same pad, I could almost do 1/2 a door with. Now I could barely spread it when it touched the car. Holding onto the applicator became difficult, because the polish made this hard to spread and I would almost throw the pad as I tried to wipe, cuz it stuck with the z2pro

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thats kinda the experience I had.
First two times used Z2pro was great. This last time (last weekend) it stuck like glue almost upon contact with FX.
I washed with Zaino, then dried with waffle weave (as normal). Then mixed Z2pro with 3 drops ZFX (as normal).
Applied some enhancer to cotton applicator and put dime size drop on applicator and spread with finger (all as per usual). Then started to apply to FX. Being Silver it did not show as well as Sweet's example but same thing happen, fine for few minutes then it was like hitting the emergency brake, it dragged and squeeked!
I put it down to the weather but dunno know.
Hmmmmmmmmm :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
789 Posts
I decided the cost of using about 50% more product was worth the savings of physical effort and started using a Porter Cable orbital polisher to apply Z2Pro. The application is very even and thin once applied. I encourage anyone thats serious about detailing to purchase one... well worth the money.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
it looks thick on sweet's car for 2 reasons. (1) z2pro _is_ thicker. nad (2) she has a black car and its going to show a lot more than silver or lighter colors.

i did a test application yesterday on just the hood with z2pro with NO zfx. it spread a bit easier and still dried right up in about 15-30 minutes. i did a Z5 application right before that and this was very thin like the old Z2. basically, the old stuff spreads out WAY more than the new stuff. you can get a SUPER thin coat with much less material used.

with all of this said. the Z2pro still came off easier than the Z5 believe it or not.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
So what's the final word? ...Z2-Pro or go back to Z2? :?

·
Registered
142 Posts
So far I love the ZPRO formula.

It is a little thicker, but have not run into any problems applying and is even easier to remove.

I can not imagine what would make it stick.
Again, it does look quite thick.
(I also have a black car as well as black test panels)
But even during testing, I applied thicker than normal and it worked fine

At this time the only suggestions I would have after testing is to make sure the applicator is very "damp", wipe the car with Z-6 to make it slick before application, use less ZFX and try again.

Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have never used Zaino before, but here is what I did today:

Wash with Dawn.

Dry, clay, buff.

1 coat of Z5 W/ZFX (about 2 oz for the whole car)

1 coat of Z2pro with ZFX (about 1 oz for the car)

I used Z6 to polish off each of the coats of Z5/Z2. Had I not (did try without) it was looking like serious elbow grease to make shiny. However, the Z6 was the trick. My guess is you could probably use a solution of the car wash and water in a sprayer. I used so little Z6 (maybe 1/8 bottle for all) I basically just misted.

Oh, BTW, the car looks AWESOME!!!

Mongo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.