Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've read all of the discussions about tires on this forum, some maybe twice. It's time for new rubber and I might take this chance to get rims while I'm at it. My choices are Toyo, BFG or Hancook (sp) tires and either keep the 20s or go with 22s. I won't be lowering. I need opinions please?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Don't overlook the Falken Ziex STZ-04's (if you need all season). Me like.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
265-50-20. They have em in the STZ-04 or 01.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Every review I've read on tire websites had the Hancooks quieter, smoother, and better handling over the Toyo's. the margin was small but it was consistant. I did a general google search for tire reveiws and found quite a few. I've only seen one set on an FX and the guy loved them. But it does seems like toyo's are the favorite here.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ok I have the BFgoodrich 265-50-20 TA kdwr...all I can say it that these tires are unreal the car feels like its on rails.. great tire in dry and rain...you won't be dissapointed
PK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently put the BF Goodrich G-Force KDW (NT) 265/50/R20 (summer tire) on my FX35. They are as quiet as the OEM and provide a noticable improvment in handling and "ride-on-rails" performance. Cannot comment yet on wear (too early too tell).

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
You're in Cali, too- g-Force KDW, baby! There's no better tire for those not afflicted with the threat of sn-w.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
kcrudup said:
You're in Cali, too- g-Force KDW, baby! There's no better tire for those not afflicted with the threat of sn-w.
Record temperatures. Snow's basically gone. At least on the roads.
Just put my new KDW's on yesterday. Been waitin for this moment since last October.

Followed my brother and his wife in his Viper for 140 mile cruise just a bit ago. A little spirited driving ensued.
:twisted: :twisted:

As far as I'm concerned: These babies are the "tire of choice!"
Just like the FX: They are completely unique in looks and have outstanding road handling capabilities.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kcrudup said:
Kenny, how did they do in the recent Socal monsoons?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Taiwan just got the Falken tires in and I was wondering how they perform, anyone try them yet. So far in Taiwan a few members are using Nitto 420 and they really love, the tires are lighter and quieter than stock and from their reviews actually made the car a little faster.

jim

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
islandave said:
kcrudup said:
Kenny, how did they do in the recent Socal monsoons?
I got them right after all that and only had 'em one time in moderate rain, but (1) the "W" is for "wet", and (2) they sure as **** would be better than the bald-ass RS/As I pulled off (that due to the magic of ATTESA-ETS, still felt nearly as stable as treaded):

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Re:

Wireboltman said:
kcrudup said:
Record temperatures. Snow's basically gone. At least on the roads.
Just put my new KDW's on yesterday. Been waitin for this moment since last October.

Followed my brother and his wife in his Viper for 140 mile cruise just a bit ago. A little spirited driving ensued.
:twisted: :twisted:

As far as I'm concerned: These babies are the "tire of choice!"
Just like the FX: They are completely unique in looks and have outstanding road handling capabilities.

From the start just above (April 10th, 2005) three years ago to the finish------------today-

Well, my KDW's have finally succumbed to the extreme beatings I've administered to them in the last 3 yrs.
The sidewall just down from the top of the tire finally relented. I've got a plug in there now to hold me while I get a set of 4 new ones are on order.

I ended up getting 27,673 or so miles out of them.
Of that, I have about 300 track miles and about 90-100 autocross runs on those tires.
Not too shabby!

I'm still not quite to the wear bars as you can see.
I was going to wait until a little closer till I get out of here in January before I bought some new ones, but that won't be any more.
I just got a call back from Pomps down in Marquette and they want $1169.95 out the door.

I told them to get um coming.

They were $231.00 each at Tirerack +21.41 shipping.
$252.41.

Pomps price was $268 per tire.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Sounds and looks like you got your money's worth! I also have KDWs and really love their looks and gripping power. It's good to hear that they wear that well too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.