Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Pics yet, they are coming though...I was looking at getting the same tires as sweet-the hankook sts, but then i got this email saying my uncle just bought tire shop in philie and wants to send me some kdws for graduation :)

I told him about the other tires, toyos, hankook, etc. but I guess winners can't be choosers...

Since I have a RWD FX and am going to Pitt this summer for grad school I figure that I'll need snow tires for the winter anyway so maybe I was BS'ing myself about the hankooks getting me through a winter anyway...

So my question is when should I put these bad boys on? I only have 18k miles :lol:

By the time I get these on, I may have some more money from working hard this summer and maybe will lower if I'm doing this already...but don't tell my girl ;) we'll see!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
contaygious said:
Since I have an RWD FX and am going to Pitt this summer for grad school I figure that I'll need snow tires for the winter anyway
... and your uncle in Philly owns a tire shop, so you'll be able to get some real snows (and steels!) when that day comes *cough*yaluckybastard*cough*

So my question is when should I put these bad boys on? I only have 18k miles :lol:
IMMEDIATELY. It's a big difference.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow really? shouldn't I at least wait a little bit to get more out of my tires? I am dying to try em out though, it's really hard for me to imagine the fX feeling any better because of some new tires, hope I learn quick ;)

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha. True. I'll ask him when he gets here.

Not sure how many people would be in a gb for tires though!

I doubt he can beat internet prices you find though. What was the cheapest so far on the kdws?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
contaygious said:
What was the cheapest so far on the kdws?
$218 on Tire Rack, but the place I got mine from (a local store) charged $232 including mount and balance (and $22 for insurance each), so I paid "only" $212 if the $20/wheel M/B price I've seen is average. Of course, the Governator got his 7.75%, so it still came to $1100, but I figure if you add in the shipping I'd have to pay to get 'em to Cali for out-of-state, it'd still come to about the $80 I paid in sales tax. I'd call around first, honestly.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Tires can be the single biggest improvement you can make to your car's handling. Congrats on getting new shoes for your baby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.