Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking into getting the portable car kit for my 45 and was curios which one is better? thanx!!
!!!also does anyone know how i can edit my profile so i am not stated a jr fxer,i must have dotted the wrong section when setting up?!!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Suggest you try a SEARCH.

There is also a forum dedicated to Audio/Viideo/Navigation and many have contributed their thoughts there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gotcha! are there any kits that don't require install?so to say like you can just pick the signal up like the drive in were you just tune to a a specific station?thought i heard someone was coming out with this guess i gotta go check best buy?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
ndogg ct, not sure what you are exactly saying when you don't want to install.

Sat radio, whether XM or Sirius requires a receiver. You can either put the factrory one in so you can just hit the SAT button, or you can go portable but then you require some type of FM modulator as well... but even with the portables you will probably need/want some type of mount so you can see and control the receiver, which requires "installation".

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Yeah, I moved it. Tomorrow I'm gonna put it in Engine & Drivetrain just to screw with your head. :p ...Wait a minute, if I turn my head like this, I start to pick-up XM. :lol: You try it now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
by install i meant special wiring and i do realize i will have to mount portable unit> thanx for the replies. so with the modulatar i can tune through my existing stock radio?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The new MYFI personal XM unit has the option of cassette adapter or FM modulator. It also ihas a built in antenna so les wires and works like a "walkman" for walking around. Runs on batteries or plugs into car power outlet. INcludes home unit dock...the works for $300.00 at circuit city.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts