Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on everyone......I'm new to this forum so I just wanted to say hello first. I have an '03 fx35 without the technology package (with Nav) and I have been reading many of the topics pertaining to the x box and I was wondering where you would install this??? I am about to buy a flip-down monitor for the rear.

Excuse the q's.....but I am really car/audio dumb :roll:

1. If i use the x box to play dvd's, does the sound from the dvd come out of the speakers? if so, can I easily turn it off so music can be played, and headphones could be used for the movie (basically switch back and forth b/w movie and music easily)?

2. Does anyone have any pics of where you could install an x box and still have it accessible?

I appreciate you taking the time to read this post.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This may be more than what you're looking for but I'm working on a prototype that should be complete early '05 to add a touch screen, MP3 library, video library, video switching, etc. to the FX (will work with other Infiniti's too but G35 with pop-out screen would use a remote instead of touchscreen) but it's an embedded system rather than an X-Box. You may want to read the other thread in this section that goes into some details about using the X-Box and "generator" is quite the expert on that. He also sells a few items you may be interested in. The project I'm working on is going to be in the $700-$1000 range. I had originally wanted to go the X-Box route as well but it's a bit on the large-ish side and I wanted to keep everything looking factory. I'm a hardware/software guy by profession too so it's a fun project anyway :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts