Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go get your copy if of this long-awaited and delayed game today.

I hope it lives up to expectations. The original Halo was fantastic in multi-player. Anyone play X-BOX online? How is it with the voice com headset and gameplay?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I can't play this many games at one time!!! Still playing Call of Duty United Offensive online and loving it!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Just saw two cow-orkers with copies of it today...one green box, and the other a metalic "collector's edition" :roll: (he said that the other guy's box sux, and I told him that that's nice, but that the other guy was already home playing). Personally, I only play turn-based stuff these days, as I get too many interruptions at home.

·
Registered
40 Posts
World of Warcraft open beta began yesterday. Been downloading this game for 12 hours, total of 2.5 GB download. That's the game to play, if you want to spend 5 hours a day playing a video game.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Shawn...is that a continuation of the Warcraft series? I've only played a bit of it, but enjoyed it alot. Let's see 2.5G at ~10M/min comes to a bit over 4 hours for me to load.

·
Registered
40 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Shawn...is that a continuation of the Warcraft series? I've only played a bit of it, but enjoyed it alot. Let's see 2.5G at ~10M/min comes to a bit over 4 hours for me to load.
I'm downloading at 1.2 MB to 3 MB per minute, but that's probably because of Blizzard's server lag (so many eager downloaders eating up bandwidth). I’m currently @ 51% downloaded.

This is not a real time war strategy like the previous WarCrafts, this like an EverQuest, or Ultima Online. You can download for free and play the game up until release nears, November 23rd. Blizzard has been developing this one for years, so it should be a major hit, just like all of their other exceptionally high quality releases:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com

·
Registered
848 Posts
Shawn said:
FromHereToInfiniti said:
I'm downloading at 1.2 MB to 3 MB per minute, but that's probably because of Blizzard's server lag (so many eager downloaders eating up bandwidth). I’m currently @ 51% downloaded.

This is not a real time war strategy like the previous WarCrafts, this like an EverQuest, or Ultima Online. You can download for free and play the game up until release nears, November 23rd. Blizzard has been developing this one for years, so it should be a major hit, just like all of their other exceptionally high quality releases:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com
Hmmm...looks like you need to...
provide Blizzard Entertainment with: (i) your name, address and phone number; (ii) the "Authentication Key" from the World of Warcraft Software product that you have purchased that includes the World of Warcraft software; (iii) accurate, complete, and updated billing information for payment of the Service subscription fee, including a valid credit card number, ...
Did I miss a link to the free download? It's asking me for my authentication key.

OOPS...nevermind...the key is right above. You're right about the download speed...I'm only getting about 2.5M/min. :(

P.S. Sorry for the thread hijack.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I submitted my application as a World of Warcraft Beta tester, and I guess I didn't get picked. WofW should be awesome with NPCs and online gamers around the world. Ultima Online (original start to this concept) sucked cause of horrendous lag, pk'ers galore, and poor graphics overall (quickest waste of money I ever spent) on the first day of release. Great concept with realtime weather changes, economy and events that affect the environment, but poor execution. Besides, it's tough enough managing life in the real world rather than going back to the dark ages and living that out amidst more danger and fantasy creatures. :) I hear that the latest iteration of Ultima Online is great though.

I will probably download WofW later tonight. Thanks for the heads-up Shawn. Blizzard Entertainment makes quality products in my experience and they don't release pc games until they are ready (slow too).

FromHereToInfiniti:

I passed on that limited-edition HALO2 cause I don't care enough about all of the extra documentary stuff to see though the silver metallic box is pretty cool.

Personally, I only play turn-based stuff these days, as I get too many interruptions at home.
Btw, when you say "turn-based stuff" does that include chess or checkers against the computer? j/k :lol:

·
Registered
848 Posts
RU_MATRX said:
Btw, when you say "turn-based stuff" does that include chess or checkers against the computer? j/k :lol:
Well actually, yes it does. I played chess with the USCF (only got to ~1500 rating) for a few years, and still enjoy it. To be good at it, you've got to devote about as much time as we do to our FXen though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yea, i waited on line in the freezing cold for 2 hours to get my copy at midnight.......it was worth it tho 8)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FromHereToInfiniti:

That's cool. I was just making a minor joke in regards to the sophistication (graphics/sound/realtime gameplay) of what's out there today vs. the classical games that came out originally with the invention of the pc. I actually love chess for it's strategy and the myriad game pieces/themes/art that one can acquire. I just haven't played chess much since I was younger.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's funny. I played Half-Life so long ago when it first came out years ago that Half-Life 2 (with all of the screen shots and prelim reviews) seems like it's outdated already. Shouldn't they have been on Half-Life IV by now? :wink: I'm still looking forward to it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Finished the World of Warcraft download, but haven't been able to get into the game yet. First it was server maintenance, and now it keeps telling me Session Expired. Guess I'll have to wait.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Took me 24 hours to download WoW, been playing a little bit, and it's pretty. Server did go down on me too.

The view is like Everquest, not like a WarCraft, more 1st person. I don't like that view, makes me motion sick. :/

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Waiting on Half Life 2 here!

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Friend brought over his halo2 and Xbox today with a fresh "hdtv" cable for it. Plugged it into the DLP TV and played from oh, around 4:45 til 9pm <sigh>

I sucked pretty bad though because I'm a PC guy and need a mouse and keyboard to play (quake/quake2/quake3/doom3 style). The whole look with one joystick move with another was killing me.

I'm patiently waiting for HL2. I remember Half-Life being the first FPS game I ever completed. The only one at that point to keep my attention long enough to finish. Enjoyed that game from start to finish.

I'll be glad to get HL2 installed and back to the "mouse" vs. xbox joystick crap :)

I did have a good time tonight and got better as the night went on, but I still prefer the mouse 10000x more :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
Shawn said:
Took me 24 hours to download WoW, been playing a little bit, and it's pretty. Server did go down on me too.

The view is like Everquest, not like a WarCraft, more 1st person. I don't like that view, makes me motion sick. :/
Shawn...I finally got it running a couple hours ago. Got through my first four quests already...Level 4 human warrior. This game is gonna suck hours of my time. :shock:

·
Registered
40 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Shawn...I finally got it running a couple hours ago. Got through my first four quests already...Level 4 human warrior. This game is gonna suck hours of my time. :shock:
Glad to hear that you like it, I'm only level 2 and basically making new characters to try them all out. I'm thinking I like the mage best, race elf or human. You know, they cut off new open beta accounts shorlty after you began downloading, so we are fortunate to play for free before release.

I'll be sure to put in a few hours tonight. Could be another life sucker for me too. Put 310 hours into just one of my Warcraft 3 accounts, ranked # 20, but an online RPG can eat far, far, more time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts