Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend who has a stock wrx said that is much faster then a stock fx35...

is it true?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yes. Stock WRX is 5.4 sec 0-60 (if memory serves, it is possibly quicker), WRX STi is 4.5 sec 0-60 (faster than an E46 M3).

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yes it was faster.

Few weeks ago, I had little fun with WRX wagon. We took off from stop light and obviously he was not the master of manual tranny and we were neck to neck until he was pulling away slowly. He was about 1/2 car ahead of me and decided to slow down while I kept flooring. Well, I was going about 85 on 45mph limit.

I didn't realize that FX was one heavy SUV.

·
Registered
882 Posts
That a close race. My godbrother has an 03 WRX with BOV, intercooler, HKS exhaust, and a short shifter. I got freakin SMOKED :oops:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yeah, not even in the same ball park. Even 45 will get dusted.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I have a friend at work with a WRX running mid-12 second 1/4 mile...don't waste your time.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Depends if it's a manual or automatic. Automatic you should do fairly well since their turbo lag is horrendous, manual on the other hand it's not a fair match.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Actually, unless you're an exceptional driver, an automatic will be faster with a turbo as the shift will happen fast enough to prevent spooldown. If you're really really good with a manual, you can overcome this.

Also, the turbo on the wrx isn't that big nor is the lag.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I sold my WRX to get my FX35, the WRX is much faster even with automatic.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Sorka is dead on.Fast as ****,small turbo for quick spool and a deadly car...no fun for us or many others!

Mods are tricky but their are ECU's and exhaust systems and bigger turbos with the ECU change...like you needed to hear that!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Got smoked on the highway by one when i wuz stock! looking for a second round. BTW my brother and i had a go at it with his cayenne turbo, yes i said the turbo. He took me by a half car lenght o-60 and a full length @ 100mph . Not too shaby. \

Looking for that **** wrx wagon that ate me up!!

The next day is when i decided to do mods. Didnt sleep well that night!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
how would a supercharged fx do against a wrx?

·
Registered
882 Posts
hey esesmes...what do you do for a living. If your into importing "stuff" let me know. I'll be your bay area distributor...LOL :lol:

·
Registered
662 Posts
esemes, did you photoshop it? It looks too good to be true.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts