Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately this is the closest dealership to me... I have found that they can't seem to do anythign right.

Here is a list of things that they have done wrong on my car.

The f'd up one of my rotors on a brake job... the cut it wrong and my left and right rotors paterns looked completely different when the job was done... they told me that they would not recut the rotors and that it would be fine in 5-10K miles...

They supposedly inadvertantly forgot to do my headlamp recall - even though they told me it was done... luckily I knew that the recall was supposed to change the whole assembly or I would have beleived that they did the recall. They appologized after having my car the entire day and doing nothing more than an oil change - I had another shop do the recall properly.

They messed up my lower engine apron by bending it back repeatedly during oil changes rather than removing it... which caused it to break into to pieces... they did replace it though.

I was told that I needed a 4 wheel alignment which I paid for... after asking them for the printout advising what the before and after specs were (which my service advisor did not know how to read) I advised him that 3 of the 4 wheels were within spec before the alignment and only one of the wheels was in spec after their alignment. The service manager had to get involved and the car had to be realigned... ops... that mishap would have only shredded my tires if I would not have caught it...

I had then instal a Stillen Cold Air intajke kit 5 years ago... all was fine until this week when part of the intake system fell into the pully system and started smoking... I got it out a put it back together. After talking to Stillen about it we determined that Miller forgot to transfer one of the OEM parts to the Stillen assembly. I called Miller and they told me that I had to come in for them to access the situation. I drove all the way in and after looking things over and looking over my service history they agreed that they did in fact install it - but because it took so long to fail and for me to catch they were not going to do anything... We are talking about $70 worth of parts that they threw away when they put the system in.

That seems to be their MO. They feel they did an OK job if you don't catch their errors. I only caught the above errors... who knows what else they did wrong to my car and possibly thousands of Southern Californian's cars. They clearly do not know what they are doing and they do not stand behind their work. I will NEVER step foot into that dealership again for service or to buy another vehicle... If you have a choice I would recomend you do the same!!!!

Come to think about it I am betting that my failed rear crossmember (which they want $1400 to fix) was due to their work on my gas line recall. I recall (pun intended) the service advisor telling me that they were supposed to drop the whole rear cross member to do the recall - but they did not follow the manual and found a shortcut... where they did not have to drop the cross member.

You have be forwarned!!! If you go to this shop and get f'd - shame on you.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
davidnoah said:
You have be forwarned!!! If you go to this shop and get f'd - shame on you.
But... but... BUT... how many times did you go here after you caught all their mistakes???

Glad you finally figured it out and shared with us but MAN... you shoulda gotten out of there WAY sooner!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm surprised that an Infiniti dealer would install a Stillen part. In fact, any dealership I've asked to install a non OEM part has politely declined.

And 5 years is a long time, lots can happen in that intervening time...

---
Via Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made the decision to not have them do anything that was outside of warranty work (other than oil changes - which I now do myself) after their first mishap (which was the bad brake job). The headlight recall was warranty work which was after the bad brake job... I really wanted to beleive that any moderately competent mechanic could do a wheel alignment... it was in conjunction with an oil change so i figured I would save the time of having to go somewhere else... I really did not think it was possible to mess up a wheel alignment with the new Hunter alignment machines - but they proved me wrong. I guess I should not have been shocked to find out that they were bending back the lower apron (rather than removing it) during oil changes... that was the best one... the service rep denied that they did that... so I showed him a picture of one of their mechanics doing it - he was flabergasted! And the improper cold air intake install took me almost 6 years for it to become a problem... I do most of my own work on the car now (changing pads, rotors, and brake lines this weekend) but would like to know if anyone has a good Infiniti mechanic in the SFV - I have a few Nissan Z mechanics I would think about going to if I had something that I needed to do that was outside my comfort level - but would love to hear if anyone has someone they think is good.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
davidnoah said:
I have a few Nissan Z mechanics I would think about going to if I had something that I needed to do that was outside my comfort level
I would think any competent Z mechanic would be good to work on the FX... only real difference would be the AWD vs RWD... finding someone that has experience working with AWD G's would probably be better and not nearly as hard as finding someone with FX experience...

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
GroundFX said:
I'm surprised that an Infiniti dealer would install a Stillen part. In fact, any dealership I've asked to install a non OEM part has politely declined.
My Infiniti dealer installed my StopTech stainless steel brake lines. They made sure they were DOT approved before installing them, and they only warranty the labor.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As mentioned above I changed my pads, rotors, and brake lines over the weekend... all went well and I fixed a problem that had been bothering me since I bought the car new... I had this annoying grinding noise from the front passenger side rotor that would come and go. Miller and Santa Monica Infiniti both told be that it was common and just something the brakes did. Well when I was working on the brakes I discovered that the sheetmetal behind the brake was ever so rubbing against the rotor... I simply bent the shield back a 1/4 of an inch and the problem is solved! How could both dealers miss this... WOW!!! I am going to find my post from years ago on this issue in case anyone else had this problem...

·
Registered
24 Posts
miller ****** my alignment 2 times, there mechanics had aligned totally opp of the specs, funny how there machines displayed correct alignment.. WTF! i took it to American tire in Hollywood, they literally showed me how they reversed every alignment bolt lmao, it had positive camber, toed in and stuff.... so ya..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts