Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for folks who are serious about buying a wood kit for their FX. Anyone looking to get a good buy by going in together? I'll do the leg work on pricing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like the good buy idea, but I have trouble finding the best kit.
I am looking for an extensive kit in red burl, but I don't want to give up symbol illumination and I don't really like the symbol cutouts.
I am kind of stuck at the moment.
I do need a kit before Dec 10, because this will be about the date my car will arrive at the Dealer and want it installed before I hand over the car to my wife.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you referring to as "giving up symbol illlumination"? If your talking about the radio symbols, other than cutouts, I don't know of anyone that carries the symbols on the actual kit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sherwood dash prints their symbols on top, all the other companies cut out a hole where there is written "Volume" for example.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is my 2nd FX (first was 03 model). I had the Burtman Industries kit that I personally installed and liked alot. It had the cutouts for the symbols which didn't bother me. I would like to get their kit again but want to get a few other buys to push him on the cost end.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well he is on top of my list, and feel very confident about his product. I have talked to him about getting ready for my order.
I just have been searching for a more extensive kit, and possibly even better looking.
His kit is quite pricey compared to others, I don't mind that, as long as it is really the best matching choice.
You sure seem convinced from experience.

I just like to strive for having my cake and eat it too, bottom out of the can etc.
In this case it is printed symbols with illumination.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
If you like what burtman has, then by all means get it, He is Nothing more than a Distributor for Superior Dash. :shock: If you want to save $$ buy it from his source http://superiordash.com/photographs.php ... =phprodisp If you want a kit with No Cut Outs and Factory Re- Labeling above the wood but below the clear epoxy, the ONLY manufacturer who does this is http://sherwooddash.com It comes with MORE pieces for LESS $$ see the 3rd & 4th pic. down here > http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1618 I hope this has been helpful.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Piniti-If I look at your radio kit it doesn't look like the wood kit fits around the outline of the radio trim. Can you verify that your kit fits the outline?

Also, what do you mean his source? Are you saying he doesn't make his own?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Only the VERY BEST for KITI ~ I can't explain any better, so I'll show you a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
FXLENT said:
Piniti-If I look at your radio kit it doesn't look like the wood kit fits around the outline of the radio trim. Can you verify that your kit fits the outline?

Also, what do you mean his source? Are you saying he doesn't make his own?
Burtman is simply a distributor of various products. If you go to http://superiordash.com you will see where burtman gets his product and display pictures from. It's not a mystery. They have VERTICAL Seams at the radio area with Large Cut Out Openings :oops:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't realize that. So obviously a better price to go directly to Superior Dash?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
PINITI - how old is that pic? When did you get a RAZO shift knob?? Man, you are sneaking in all these mods left and right without telling us!!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
FXLENT said:
I didn't realize that. So obviously a better price to go directly to Superior Dash?
Yeah, when I did my extensive homework (well over a dozen companies), it boiled down to these 2 companies. I choose Sherwood for several reasons. Chose carefully what works for you.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
ShadyJC said:
PINITI - how old is that pic? When did you get a RAZO shift knob?? Man, you are sneaking in all these mods left and right without telling us!!
King of Bling, Baby! :D :shock: 8) Man, you don't miss a trick, do you?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So you think the quality of Sherwood and Superior are comparable? What were your reasons for going with Sherwood? Any chance you could snap pics of the right/left side of your radio kit where it meets the dash area. I want to make sure it fits great in the recessed areas of the plastic trim where it meets the dash.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
FXLENT said:
So you think the quality of Sherwood and Superior are comparable? What were your reasons for going with Sherwood? Any chance you could snap pics of the right/left side of your radio kit where it meets the dash area. I want to make sure it fits great in the recessed areas of the plastic trim where it meets the dash.
In the end http://sherwooddash.com/homepage.htm became the only clear choice (for me) quality, fit, finish, samples, multi-piece kit (many you'll never use) pieces other don't offer (like clock surrond / overhead extras) factory labeling (side-by-side Blows cut-outs away) rich coloring, etc., etc. added bonus: le$$ expen$ive! If you can wait till after work tomorrow I will take other pics. and post them, I think it's time to update Chic' Cheetah anyway.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright, Thanks for the feedback. What color is your kit and is it simulated or Genuine?

No problem on the Pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Same as what's in the Lincoln Navagator, Real Red Burl. They have another nice color for the willow interior, it's been posted around here lately. Here it is, just don't use ALL the pieces, it becomes overkill (IMO) http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=122

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would be interested in a GROUP BUY on the REAL RED BURL that PINITI has from SHERWOOD!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts