Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
c'mon you mean to say you have more $$ on you dash ($500+), than in your camera? nah, i can't believe that! ~ I just found out that you can get the same kit that burtman sells, directly from the manufacturer, without the HUGH mark-up! > http://superiordash.com/photographs.php ... =phprodisp

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can attest to the quality of Burtmans kits. I installed the main kit and the door/seat kit, and they look great with my graphite interior. The pieces are very flexible and soft to the touch, not a plastic feel. They really stick well, so I don't think they will peel or crack. I'm not a fan of all of the aluminum trim, so this kit really changes the appearance of the interior. I'm actually hoping he will make the pieces for the vertical door pools, and the sides of the center console. :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
thanks c4man ,any pictures? this is an expensive $4-500. interior upgrade from jason / he won't let us order just a partial kit, i don't want to go from zero coverage to full coverage. The best kit I've found, without cut-outs around labels (like birdman ind) is > http://sherwooddash.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
PINITIFX,
I will try to take some pictures this week and post them. They look similar to the pictures on the Burtmanindustries website, since it also has a graphite interior. If you are not sure if you like the look, maybe someone in your area has one that you can look at. I was certain that it was the look that I wanted, and was even more pleased after I installed it. To me, it was worth the approx. $500

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
has anyone tried the kit from sherwooddash.com? they have many pieces for less$ in the red burl wood color / what is nice-different about them is they don't cut out around factory symbols , rather they re-print under the clear. > http://sherwooddash.com/
WOW! 8)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea, but remember, if it's not lined up just 100% perfect it won't look right when the light shine through. My cousin has one in his BMW and at night it didn't look right.

Also, you don't have to use all the pieces in the kit if you are worried about coverage.

I do have a great camera, that takes FILM, so I'd have to use my scanner, which is a hassle. My other camera is built into my phone and the pics just don't do it justice.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
qship said:
Yea, but remember, if it's not lined up just 100% perfect it won't look right when the light shine through. My cousin has one in his BMW and at night it didn't look right.

Also, you don't have to use all the pieces in the kit if you are worried about coverage.

I do have a great camera, that takes FILM, so I'd have to use my scanner, which is a hassle. My other camera is built into my phone and the pics just don't do it justice.
you lost me on the 'light shine through' part , where on your / our fx dash is there lighted symbols that can be blocked?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
40 + piece kit for $300 / this sherwood dash red burl rocks! what a tremendous difference - WOW! - C4man and qship were j. burtman and friend from F/A to generate business for birdman ind. , nice try guys!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not a fan of that kit. My cousin got the same one. The radio piece is two pieces and the sides don't look right on it and the grain isn't as deep in person. To each his own. I'm glad you like it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
is it real wood or simulated?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's what mine looks like from http://www.burtmanindustries.com

They now even have a rear piece for the back of the armrest for models without dvd now! That big plastic area where the 12 volt accessory plug is that your passengers have to stare at.

·
Registered
286 Posts
personally, what i really want is the following, nothing more or less
1. glove box piece
2. piece below steering
3. clock area only( not entire dash)
4. door control buttons area
i believe burtman offers item 3 and 4, but you have to buy the whole package. its a bit too overwhelming having too much wood, although it does look nice.
but for me, i need a more subdued look.
i will keep searching to find what i want.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm new to this forum and do have an fx. It's currently my ONLY vehicle. I actually got a discount on my kit since I agreed to take pictures and do a write-up, which I haven't done. I've been using word-of-mouth for a good product. The fx is the only vehicle I think could use some additions to the interior. Either you like the aluminum or you don't and for me, I'm impressed.

I do promise to get some pictures up here soon. But beware, they are not going to look as good as the one on the site.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Hi Jason.
I dunno; I think Jason B's a fairly standup guy. Besides, most of us come from FA anyway- it's not like we don't know who Burtman is, nor what they sell, so I'd doubt he'd try to disguise it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
looks cool 8) almost looking like the inside of a BMW

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Darn, I thought the Charcoal Cherry was a more black/grey wood... too bad they don't have exactly what I'm looking for. May go with the Charcoal Cherry anyways.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts