Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just waiting for my FX45 to come in and the dealer has two new options. 1 is a stainless steel running board and the second is a black cherry wood kit for the inside. I will upload pics of both. Your comments are appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Maybe the pictures are not doing it any justice but I think if you're gonna put wood or any kind of trim, you should try to go for some contrast. The black interior is too stark to begin with and that kit isnt helping it.

If you want sporty, go with black carbon fiber. If you want a little touch of class, get a very dark brown/red wood or a light wood for big contrast.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. I am getting the brick interior so I have to be careful as I don't want to many colours in the car. I thought this was subtle yet classy.. thanks for your advice.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I agree with ujmot's assessment as well. Did you have a picture of the center console area (where the shifter is)? I think that is one of the more telling places as to how well the materials look together. For example, here's a wood kit and interior combination that I think is very attractive: http://www.infinitifx45.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73

Also, did you post pictures of the running boards yet? No big deal really, I was just curious to see them.

never mind, I found the pics.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Nope, dont like this either.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i agree with ujmot

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do they make carbon fiber kits for the FX? That would be sporty. I think the Infiniti maple burl would look great with all black interior. In fact, if I knew about wood kits when i bought my car, I might have gone with the all black. But I have the brick/black, and I'm not sure what would look best with it. I lean towards aluminum or carbon fiber. The dark wood might look good, but I would really need to see it. I have a feeling that the other wood colors would clash with the brick or look too busy.

I paid around $5000 extra to get the brick/black interior because I thought that it looked so good. The willow looked terrible to me. I think the dash has to be black, otherwise it looks cheap. Plus, the headliner had a greenish shade of grey that I found unattractive. Also, the interior colors didn't really coordinate with the exterior colors. I just use my car for short trips by myself in my neighborhood, so the nav system, laser cruise control, DVD entertainment, etc. didn't do me much good, but I had to buy them to get the colors I wanted.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Salsa said:
I paid around $5000 extra to get the brick/black interior because I thought that it looked so good. The willow looked terrible to me. I think the dash has to be black, otherwise it looks cheap. Plus, the headliner had a greenish shade of grey that I found unattractive. Also, the interior colors didn't really coordinate with the exterior colors. I just use my car for short trips by myself in my neighborhood, so the nav system, laser cruise control, DVD entertainment, etc. didn't do me much good, but I had to buy them to get the colors I wanted.
Sounds like you got pressured into buying things you didnt want... :? Jason B on FA makes carbon fiber dash kits. I'd pm him and ask for pics, etc. So far he's only provided me with a generic pic of the carbon fiber, not on the FX specifically. It made my decision very hard and I ultimately went with another wood dash dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ujmot said:
Salsa said:
Sounds like you got pressured into buying things you didnt want... :?
Actually, the salesman was very low pressure. I just hated the look of the grey interior, especially since the two tones of grey didn't go well together with each other nor with the exterior colors.

The purchase of my FX was the best car dealer experience of my life. A friend of mine spent $265,000 on the new Bently Arnage T when it came out a couple years ago and didn't get treated as well as I did getting my Infiniti.

ujmot said:
Jason B on FA makes carbon fiber dash kits.
On FA? What's that?

ujmot said:
I'd pm him and ask for pics, etc. So far he's only provided me with a generic pic of the carbon fiber, not on the FX specifically. It made my decision very hard and I ultimately went with another wood dash dealer.
Thanks, I'll do that.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think having both black cherry and aluminum is little too much. Maybe black cherry alone will nice. I liked the look of dark finished wood trim on MB ML . It looked nice with touch of chrome accents.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wish they would sell the pieces individually, I don't want to cover up any brushed alum. parts, just the plastic trim pieces.

I think a light wood (maple?) will go well with willow and alum.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
just wondering, between this site and F/A i've noticed many FXers installing complete or partial wodo kits to their interiors. since i have a brick/black int. i too would like to do a partial. my question is we have an "in-house" guy - jason from burtmanindustries.com / is his real red burl superior than other manufacturers on these sites or is one of them producing the product for him? anyone with knowledge, advice, facts or thoughts on this? is his the best - or is he just a middle man charging more$$$

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the full kit installed. I will tell you, I've had about 3 different kits over the years in my past vehicles and I've never seen or had one that fits as great as the Burtman kit! The details in person are incredible and the kit really looks part of the vehicle like it was meant to be there. I've seen kits at my dealer that are an option on the sticker price for $650 and don't look half as good as theirs. All I know is, I have total piece of mind with this kit and get compliments all the time.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
thanks., any pictures yet ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea, but the quality of my camera isn't very good. The pics on http://www.burtmanindustries.com are more of what it looks like in person. I think you just go to search by vehicle and choose FX and you can see them.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts