Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized this weekend that the car has original wiper blades on it.

They were really dry from sitting in the New Mexico sun.

I decided to change them myself rather than let the dealer.

The driver side is 22 inch and the passenger is 20 inch.
The rear wiper has to be done by dealer :roll:

I bought these at Autozone for $14.00 each :shock:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The OEM and the Bosch blades are a real close match.

Top one is the OEM.

(yes, my car is dirty. I washed, waxed and detailed over the weekend, and guess what, it rained on tues and wed. :roll: )

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wow,

Nice work -- looks exactly the same to me. Always nice to have a new set of wiper blades and a clean windshield.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Anyone replace the rear blade yet?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
ujmot said:
Anyone replace the rear blade yet?
I'm there myself. Just bought a blade. I don't see a way to get it put in place.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Thanks Shady,

I can't tip mine out like that. It only raises about an inch off the glass. There's not enough clearance to tip it backwards like the front ones.
I believe I do see what has to happen though. There's a plastic cap covering the attachment location of the arm. Taking that off exposes a nut. I'll have to take the nut off an then remove the arm from a splined shaft I'm thinking.
Then the blade can be put on the arm.

I don't have time to do it tonight and it's pretty **** cold to boot.
The blade I bought doesn't look as nice as the original either. I'm going to call the dealer and see what they'll soak me for a new one.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Wireboltman said:
Thanks Shady,

I can't tip mine out like that. It only raises about an inch off the glass. There's not enough clearance to tip it backwards like the front ones.
I believe I do see what has to happen though. There's a plastic cap covering the attachment location of the arm. Taking that off exposes a nut. I'll have to take the nut off an then remove the arm from a splined shaft I'm thinking.
Then the blade can be put on the arm.

I don't have time to do it tonight and it's pretty **** cold to boot.
The blade I bought doesn't look as nice as the original either. I'm going to call the dealer and see what they'll soak me for a new one.
I stand corrected. I called the dealer. They described the same thing you sent me. I didn't want to force it that hard figuring I'd break something. (she's tight) I can also just get the rubber insert, so that's what I'm going to do.

Thanks again,
Dave

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I'm thinking about getting new wiper blade since OEM wiper blade makes crazy noise when it goes down. I'm looking at either PIAA Super Sporza Silicone Wiper Blades or PIAA Super Sillicon Wiper Blade, are these any good? Which one do you prefer? Anybody has a set? if you do what are you experiences? Plz let me know...I need new wiper blades!!ASAP!!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
My first set of Wiper blades that I changed were the Valeo that I got from tirerack and they work really well. Now its been about a year since I had them I am thinking about changing to Bosch soft blades.

Jim

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
jimsbmw said:
My first set of Wiper blades that I changed were the Valeo that I got from tirerack and they work really well. Now its been about a year since I had them I am thinking about changing to Bosch soft blades.

Jim
How's Bosch blades compare to PIAA? I heard PIAA makes the best Wiper Blades in the market. I just can't stand those crazy chatter from OEM wiper blade. And worst part is the dealership, they want me to pay for a repalcement(What about my Warranty plan!?)...so I decided to just get PIAA Blades. But don't know which will be better pick between PIAA Sporza Super Sillicon and PIAA Super Sillicon....

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I have only tried PIAA blades a long time ago for my BMW. They were preety good, but I think the two you mentioned arent that much different so which ever one you choose should do just fine, at least alot better than the stock wiper blades.

Jim

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
jimsbmw said:
I have only tried PIAA blades a long time ago for my BMW. They were preety good, but I think the two you mentioned arent that much different so which ever one you choose should do just fine, at least alot better than the stock wiper blades.

Jim
Thanks Jim for your comments! I'm going to order them right now! **** it's already 3 am! I'm addicted to NBA2K6 :lol:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Get PIAA silicons. I had them on my car for almost 2yrs now and still like new.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I couldn't stand the chatter, either. Bought a set of Bosch - didn't help. Once I put the PIAA Silicons on - haven't heard a peep, er I mean chat. :-$

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
revOevoM said:
I couldn't stand the chatter, either. Bought a set of Bosch - didn't help. Once I put the PIAA Silicons on - haven't heard a peep, er I mean chat. :-$
Me, too. I got PIAA Super Sporza Sillicon Wiper Blade, it works great!! Only problem is since Super SPORZA is bit wider(aerodynamic body or whatever) than regular Super sillicon blades it's kind of blocking washer nozzle. I don't think it could be a problem...but...it doesn't spray like it use to. Anyways, happy with PIAA product.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
If you guys and gals have 'dirty' windscreens try this - I have been using this product for years now. No Touch Auto Glass Stripper
http://notouch.com/
It basically cleans all the road grim, tree sap, bug crap etc off the windscreen and will help make your wipers work better. It also helps remove the residue that the wiper leave (as they hit their stops and start the return wipe)

Last time I had to order this stuff and had to order something like 8 bottles (min order) They no longer do mail order by the looks of it though.

Good luck.

Julian

1 - 20 of 22 Posts