Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on the interstate here in Dallas today and we had 30-40mph wind gusts throughout the day. In addition, we had 5 inches of snow on Saturday so there was plenty of sand along the shoulder of this particular section of highway. Well, I was driving about 70mph into this gusty wind when I thought I was coming under small arms fire. The wind had created this small sand storm with the sand and blew it directly into my oncoming FX. I heard a lot of sand hitting the windshield and front of my FX. At this same time, a small rock hit my windshield and chipped a small hole in it.

When I got home to look it over, I realized that the sand had made a bunch of pin size marks or "scratches" on the windshield and the front lip of the hood (have clear bra on front bumper). These a pin size remind you, but all over the windshield.

I expect this chip to develope into a crack as we have seen/read on FA. Seeing all the pin sized sand marks on the windshield tells me that this windshield is very brittle/soft and cannot take much abuse. You really can't see the pin size marks from the inside, but when cleaning the outside you can really tell at an angle. Someone said the OEM windshield is $900. Guess I'll have this to look forward to if my thought process is accurate.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm glad to hear that this is normal for the situation. We need alot of sand down here because people have no clue how to handle the snow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.