Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While detailing this evening, I noticed clearcoat (or is it plastic film) peeling on the exterior black frame surrounding the windsheild -- top, driver's side. It's about 3" long right now. I know it will continue to peel. Anyone experience this? Will windshield have to come out to replace the frame? I am really dreading a visit to my dealer. Nothing there has ever been positive.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
specifies that the TSB is for doors only...... you think dealer will allow for the fix? either way, it's warranty work.

thanks for quick reply!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I don't remember there actually being a frame. Sure it isn't actually a part of the windshield itself?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's a frame surrounding the windsheild -- about 1/4" thick.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Well they would have to replace the frame which would make me kind of nervous considering the potential for screwing it up and then having leaks. But if it looks bad then, I hear ya, you want it replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just read Sweet's 'Dealer' post. Dude, I'm shaking in my boots!!!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
You probably come back and your windshield would leak, you would have crowbar scratches in the paint around the frame and only one wiper (passenger side) would work.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks. i'll sleep good tonight.......

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I think they just remove the glass and give you a guanentee on leaks, and they throw in motor cycle googles, only if you rate them 100 on all ??? from infiniti. That goes for the new way to FIX the seat problem too - complete removal. If it ani't fixed, don't break it! These solutions don't void the warentee.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I wouldn't worry so much about replacing the glass, were talking frame here-

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
WOW, Just checked and I have it on one of my doors as well. Add that to the list for Tuesday too :evil:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
You probably come back and your windshield would leak, you would have crowbar scratches in the paint around the frame and only one wiper (passenger side) would work.
:lol: I needed a good laugh, I have laughed since Sunday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts