Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wipers on my Fx are crap, currentyl at 7000km's I'm going to replace them today. BUT my other comment is on the windshield itself, there seems to be some sort of film that when I use the wipers you cna see the water disperse sorta like a wax film. Both rear and front.

I have taken some rubbing alcohol to the windows but nothing has resulted, If this is Infiniti's RainX it sucks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I replaced the factory blades after the first week. I found that they chattered a lot and didn't do a good job of clearing. I replaced with Bosch and they have been working good for 8 months now...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
gtpaul said:
If this is Infiniti's RainX it sucks.
Funny you bring this up- it's been raining like a sumbitch here in SoCal these last few days, and I've noticed it's gotta be pouring pretty hard before the water beads up enough to necessitate turning the wipers on. I'd like to counter that if this really is Infi's "RainX", it's doing a decent job.

(... of course, this could also explain the breathe-on-it-and-it's-pitted soft-ass' windshields we've got, too.)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I replaced mine with Valeo soft blades and they work fine, especially in the last few weeks with heavy rain in Taiwan. I got them from Tirerack.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
so what's the problem with the stock wipers exactly? don't mean to change subjects, just wondering because it was raining hardcore today-hardest I seen in a long time and mine were doing a great job.

So is it just that they were too loud for you?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
These are a little more quiet than the stock ones.

Jim

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stock ones chatter alot and they miss half of the passenger side. I've cleaned the blades with fluid and it hasn't improved.

I just did the windshield with RainX and the windshield itself is better but the wipers are still garbage.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Ah OK. I don't think I need RainX, but I understand the noise.

Which are better and why?

Valeo Ultimate

PIAA CF

PIAA Silicone

PIAA Silicone with Spoiler blade

PIAA Silicone with Spoiler blade cf

PIAA Graphite

So many options... Not sure about the CF though.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
i had Bosch and they didn't reduce chattering at all. a new pair of the PIAA Silicones did the trick. too soon, though, for any long term recommendation...

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
We sell the PIAA's at my shop and they do work good. They also come with a water repellant in a wipe on pack. Very nice.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
contaygious said:
Ah OK. I don't think I need RainX, but I understand the noise.

Which are better and why?

Valeo Ultimate

PIAA CF

PIAA Silicone

PIAA Silicone with Spoiler blade

PIAA Silicone with Spoiler blade cf

PIAA Graphite

So many options... Not sure about the CF though.
Currently using Valeo Ultimate and so far they seem to work great.

Jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
Oh, yes I need one :)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Benzo said:
Oh, yes I need one :)
Benzo, you can ask justwin or Andy, since Chris found the Valeno in Taipei already. They changed theirs too.

Jim

·
Registered
662 Posts
That PIAA one with spoiler blade looks nice. I also noticed that only 1/3 of my passenger side winshield gets cleaned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.