Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to clean the inside of the windshield? I have tried a number of glass cleaners including rainX interior window treatment and I still cannot get rid of the streaks on the inside of the windshield especially noticeable when driving into the sun.

Please help.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
My trick is to never use any of that crap to begin with. When my windshield gets that litttle haxe on the inside, I just rub it down with a fine microfiber towel and it's perfect.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Since you did not say what you are using, here is what
I use:

"Stoner's" invisible glass

I think it works well and can be used on tinted windows.

The only thing to be carefull with, since the product is areosal,
I suggest spraying on towel first to avoid spraying it on the car.

·
Registered
441 Posts
ok here is my secret...I use alcohol...water...and a little white vinegar in a spray bottle..now the most important is the rag...
I use lint free hospital rags the blue ones...they are great and are the best for windows...another trick is do the windows about 3-5 times..then take a look...
Phil

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
The Stoners or Rain-X Glass cleaner will do the trick.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
gotta go with Stoners. been using it for years now.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
afterfx , your fx 35 has been "coming soon" since feb. / what dealer and why so long? curious 'cause from start to finish was 4 weeks for us at all 5 local dealers with in 75 mi. of lancaster - know all the managers by name and their inventory. oh yeah and stoners is from Quaryville, pa.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your replies. I will try them all over the next several weeks and report back with the best results. :)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I put a clear tint on my front windshield, to add UV protection and make it easier to clean.

Jim

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
use an old newspaper and some windex. newspaper will make your glass so clear, you wont know its there .

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have been noticing streaks on my windows after cleaning w/windex and took MGFR advice on just using a dry microfiber cloth.

It work a lot better than using windex. I little harder to wipe down since it is dry but the microfiber doesn't leave streaks and the windows look a lot better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts