1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
882 Posts
just take it to a good tint shop. That precut stuff you can get from any tint shop for cheap. Its the labor thats expensive.
I have 20% Llumar front and its a little lighter than the stock. I believe 20% Madico will match and 15% Llumar would probably match. Each int company's tint rating varies. Its not starndardized.

For you bay area peeps Omega Tint Werks is the best place. The guy (Vince) has done a lot and is known areound the wrx clubs and 350z clubs. Hes very good.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
20% Llumar on mine - perfect match

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What should I expect to pay? For 15-20% Lumar....

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
No laughing, I bought the same thing and....leave it to a professional. :(

The product was good, I just could not install it correct.

You are not saving any $ with this unless you tinted before by yourself. :?

JMHO

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
i paid $65 - 20% Llumar

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have Madico 35% tint~legal limit here in MA. My cost was $80 for the 2 front windows.
I had mine done by Sonny's the company that did the John Hancock Tower in Boston's Back-bay. 8)

·
Registered
706 Posts
OIIIIIIO,

30% Lumar for miine (Texas law) Your looking at $65-$95 for just the fronts...
Who do your tint for you and would you recommend them?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I asked Grubbs who did their tinting...AltaMere out in North Richland Hills. I would recommend Pro Tint (on Preston/Frankford)for you.

I would have gone to them but, too far to drive. Ask for either Claudio or Kelly, I used to work with Kelly until she left to manage Pro tint full time(she's the owner)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Just had 30% Lumar installed on the two fronts for $80 including tax. Almost perfect match.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
FXcellent said:
Just had 30% Lumar installed on the two fronts for $80 including tax. Almost perfect match.
probably should have gone for 20% for perfect match?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Can't have 20% here in Texas. Your right, a little darker would be perfect match , but 30% is very close.

I did accidently roll down the window a few hours after the install. My son wanted to stop at McDonald's drive up and I just totally forget). Doesn't look like that it caused any damage however. Any thoughts about what damage this can cause?

Also, the tint is hazy looking thru it. That will totally clear up correct.?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I have 20% and my husband got pulled over while driving at the little police and the police meter said 16 %. 8)

But he assume the factory tint had to be 4% and let him go now ticket.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
FXcellent said:
Can't have 20% here in Texas. Your right, a little darker would be perfect match , but 30% is very close.

I did accidently roll down the window a few hours after the install. My son wanted to stop at McDonald's drive up and I just totally forget). Doesn't look like that it caused any damage however. Any thoughts about what damage this can cause?

Also, the tint is hazy looking thru it. That will totally clear up correct.?
rolling down the windows is usually not good during the first 36 hours of install. the only way to tell is if you get separation later on down the road -- just keep an eye on it. the haze will go away once the tint cures -- you're ok there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Window Tinting Service - Houston

Bumping this thread because I need to ask for suggestion. Can anyone recommend a window tinting place in the Houston area. I'm in the Stafford area if that is of any consequence. HFXA, any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Re: Window Tinting Service - Houston

Sensei said:
Bumping this thread because I need to ask for suggestion. Can anyone recommend a window tinting place in the Houston area. I'm in the Stafford area if that is of any consequence. HFXA, any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Sensei,
Dealership did it for me "free" :roll: when I first bought the car, They didn't want to do it darker than the State legal Spec so my fronts end up a little bit lighter compare with the rears, Sorry no help.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Window Tinting Service - Houston

2Fast4U said:
Sensei said:
Sensei,
Dealership did it for me "free" :roll: when I first bought the car, They didn't want to do it darker than the State legal Spec so my fronts end up a little bit lighter compare with the rears, Sorry no help.
On my FX, dealer tinted it for me free too. But I need this for another vehicle. Thanks 2Fast4U.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Friendly advice... Check your state laws before installing tints. The last thing you want is to spend money installing tints and then be forced to remove them... :)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
WA state only allows 35% front. So it's lighter than the rear. The tint shop even said that the rear is darker than WA state legal. But since it's factory install, I guess I can't get into trouble for that. :shock:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts