Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am thinking about tinting the front driver and passenger windows to match the rear windows on my Silver FX. Anyone else here do that already? I would love to see pics of how it looks.

Also, anyone have a rough idea on cost for tinting those two windows?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Best thing is to ask around your area at Infiniti or high class dealers for who they use.
With tint, quality is more important than price.
I use a guy (at Solarzone/Duluth) that's done a bunch of cars for me before and I know he's good. He only charged me $80 for the fronts. 20% and it matches well.

Look in the pictures forum for tinted fronts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input.

I can't view the pictures forum. All I see is the # '44' on the page....

am I missing something?

Thanks again

·
Registered
882 Posts
Tinting front two windows should not cost you more than 120 bucks...

Good tints are Madico and Llumar tint. I have used both and reputable tint shops will carry these brands.

Important way of knowing if a tint shop is good is how many tints the person has done because its all about experience.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i used llumar film

titanium

any metallic tint is gonna last the longest.... alot of shops are precutting the film (have a subscription to llumar's website with all auto patterns avail)

avoid 'cheap ' films, as they tend togo purple inside of a year or so...

also, i went retinted on ALL windows.... making the back ones limo-ish dark, and the fr. sides one step diff......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Dealer did mine for $75 when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
here's my Silver w/ Llumar tint for a perfect match to the rears windows. $65

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
finsfx,

I am getting llumar tint as soon as the weather warms up. Do you happen to remembe what % tint you ended up going with?

Thanks
Joe

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
gtxjoe said:
finsfx,

I am getting llumar tint as soon as the weather warms up. Do you happen to remembe what % tint you ended up going with?

Thanks
Joe
i believe they're 20%.

·
Registered
882 Posts
No way that could be 80%. That tint looks way way too dark for 80%. Are you sure you didn't mean 20%?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Much better looking with the tint. :blob7:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Finally had some spare time this past weekend so I got my fronts tinted. I wasnt able to find anyone with Llumar around me so, I went with 20% Madico tints w/ the Tint Shop out in Great Neck. Drove in and drove out within 30mins. Looks great. Silver w/ blacked out windows always looks good ;) Perfect match from the outside but it looks slightly darker from inside than the rears ( :?: ). Pics to come after I wash her up.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Guess I could call, but does anyone know which tinter (sp) Grubbs uses? Im trying to find a reputable tint show in DFW/Mid citites...

·
Registered
123 Posts
ujmot, what did it cost at the Great Neck location? I'm guessing that you're happy with their work..

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
$89. They do wonderful work.

I'd look into places that use Llumar 1st however, seeing that everyone recommends it for a perfect match. The Madico tint is of excellent quality but it doesnt match perfectly - very, very close but you can still notice a slight tint difference from inside.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The Madco tints actually match very well now that the windows are fully cured. My first impressions were that they were slightly darker @ 20% than the rears when first installed. Now it's an exact match and am extremely happy with them.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts