Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this occur???

I went to raise the drivers side window, and it goes all the way up, but then re-rolls itself down about 4"...........

like the pinch mechanism is falsing or something......

I went to the dealer, and they will need the car for some time, as the window is "out of phase" with the others, and need to be reset...

This only happens when I engage the AUTO function of the window.... when i raise the window without clicking the button to engage the AUTO function, it stops at the top of the frame and stays there.......

I'm told this is nothing too out of the ordinary..........

hmmmm..............

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: window "out of phase"

esemes said:
Have you tried to place something in the path of the window to see if the "pinch mechanism" is active during your manual test?

I would of though that the "pinch mechanism" would be active through out the entire travel of the window movement except maybe the last 1/4" to 1/2". I don't have my manual with me so I can't look up just how they say it works.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

WeGaFX said:
esemes said:
Have you tried to place something in the path of the window to see if the "pinch mechanism" is active during your manual test?

I would of though that the "pinch mechanism" would be active through out the entire travel of the window movement except maybe the last 1/4" to 1/2". I don't have my manual with me so I can't look up just how they say it works.
GOOD IDEA

i will try that....

another note:: i lubed the window track and edges with vinylex (thoroughly) to make sure it wasnt sticking, or falsing the 'pincher' mech...... (if there even is such a thing)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

esemes said:
WeGaFX said:
esemes said:

GOOD IDEA

i will try that....

another note:: i lubed the window track and edges with vinylex (thoroughly) to make sure it wasnt sticking, or falsing the 'pincher' mech...... (if there even is such a thing)
Any updates on the window?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

GEAUX said:
esemes said:
WeGaFX said:
esemes said:

GOOD IDEA

i will try that....

Any updates on the window?
at the dealer today!!

(i hope to have news soon!)

they told me they'd have to pull the drivers side door panel to hit a 'reset' button on the window motor.........

here's hopin!

sms

ps- my g35 loaner has HID's......... nice!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Window out of phase

I have this same problems as described above when I had to take the window out to fix the door locks. I tried pressing the reset button but it did not solve my problem.

Can anyone help me? IS there a certain length of time you have to hit the reset button for, or does anything have to be done while you hit reset. I am sure I have the right button. IT is black and made of rubber and it is actually visible througha hole the metal door panel after you take off theinterior door panel. This problems is driving me crazy!

·
Registered
204 Posts
From the 2003 Service Manual

Setting of limit switch
If any of the following work has been done, set the limit switch (integrated in the motor). Removal and installation of the motor from the regulator. Operate the regulators as a unit. Installation of the new glass. Installation of the new glass run.

Resetting
After installing each component to the vehicle, follow the steps below.
1.Raise the glass to the top dead center.
2.While pressing and holding the reset switch, lower the glass to
the bottom dead center.
3.Release the reset switch, and check the reset switch returns to
the original position, and then raise the glass to the top dead
center.
CAUTION:
Do not operate the glass automatically to raise the glass to
the top dead center.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it the same for 2004?
I removed the door panel and checked everywhere but could not find the reset button? Anyone got a picture? Or can someone point me in the right direction where to look for it?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re:

gtxjoe said:
From the 2003 Service Manual

Setting of limit switch
If any of the following work has been done, set the limit switch (integrated in the motor). Removal and installation of the motor from the regulator. Operate the regulators as a unit. Installation of the new glass. Installation of the new glass run.

Resetting
After installing each component to the vehicle, follow the steps below.
1.Raise the glass to the top dead center.
2.While pressing and holding the reset switch, lower the glass to
the bottom dead center.
3.Release the reset switch, and check the reset switch returns to
the original position, and then raise the glass to the top dead
center.
CAUTION:
Do not operate the glass automatically to raise the glass to
the top dead center.

Top dead center? you mean all to top? I have the same problem too after installing lock actuator, now the auto up will roll back the window after the window hit the top. Only happen on auto up.
Please help

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts

Thanks for the help I got it done, wow what a relief. Not so bad on replacing the new actuator for the door lock. Save MORE THAN $200 from the labour if it was done by the dealer. Thank you guys what a great website.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts

esemes said:
ps- my g35 loaner has HID's......... nice!!
Wait..... are you saying that your FX doesn't have HID's? Is your FX one of the rare base FX's or something??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts