Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys a I have a 04' fx45 and was woundering if anyone can confirm if the 07' fx45 engine cover fits, I personally think that the newer style looks awesome. I tried search tool and nothing came up.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Doesnt fit if I remember correctly. We tried a newer one on my 03 and things didnt line up right.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there is a bracket that holds the front of the cover, if you get the bracket for the 07 it might line up or did you just try the cover over your exsisting bracket?

by the way thanks for the fast reply.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
it does not fit the original bracket. No one has tried swapping brackets though. If you find out either way, let us know.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I think the oil fill was in a different spot too?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah those are my concerns aswell, even though I can get the 06' and up cover at really good price im stuck with it if I cant make it work, but im going to see if I can meet with someone in the area that has an 06+ and see if I can make them work at first glance I think if I swap the front bracket it should work ill definitly let you guys know how my progress is if I decide to jump on it mean while any info would be great to comfirm any questions on its positioning.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys my update so far, i called a buddy of mine whos brother owns a 07' fx45 to see if he was willing to let me try his cover and see if it worked well im s**t out of luck he sold the car last month so if anyone can confirm please let us know in the mean time im going to see if i can figure another way of trying one out but if anyone has any chance of trying one please let us know.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts