Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
race4aliving said:
Most who haven't spent time driving a broken in 45 just don't have a clue has to what the 45 can do 8)
I agree. Although, a correctly driven G35 is faster then a FX45. The FX45 is impressive for a SUV/Crossover, but has a hard time competing against many sports cars.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I posted over on G35.Part of any racing is racing the car and racing the driver.My loaner G35x pulled 95 mph on my test hill,I had done 80 stock and now do 100-105.With a good driver in the 45 and an inexperienced or nervous driver in the G35 6sp the 45 could win!The fact that I corner with M3's,a tick slower than modified M3, in a straight line makes a strong statement for the torque of this car.
I do not even race Z's anymore
I beat a new Lexus G330 the other week..it cornerned well,but with tight twisties,it could not close on the short straights

·
Registered
187 Posts
brnjug said:
I posted over on G35.Part of any racing is racing the car and racing the driver.My loaner G35x pulled 95 mph on my test hill,I had done 80 stock and now do 100-105.With a good driver in the 45 and an inexperienced or nervous driver in the G35 6sp the 45 could win!The fact that I corner with M3's,a tick slower than modified M3, in a straight line makes a strong statement for the torque of this car.
I do not even race Z's anymore
I beat a new Lexus G330 the other week..it cornerned well,but with tight twisties,it could not close on the short straights
I would chalk this up to you being an excellent driver, and the other driver either not trying that hard, or nervous. Having owned a e36 M3, and many hours in a E46 M3, there is no way an FX45 handles better or pulls faster in a strait line.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
On the twisties we can match..I am lowered,wider rims and good tire selection
Straight line with in 5mph

I went out with 3 BMW owners,2 had M3 and they were shocked.You are not racing ads,you are racing street and AWD will kick a+s

They have invited me to their big BMW event in suburban Philly

·
Registered
411 Posts
hombogero said:
I would chalk this up to you being an excellent driver, and the other driver either not trying that hard, or nervous. Having owned a e36 M3, and many hours in a E46 M3, there is no way an FX45 handles better or pulls faster in a strait line.
Don't forget all the tranny mods brnjug has... A properly tuned torque converter and vavlebody can make a world of difference.

Matthew

·
Registered
187 Posts
BigMatt said:
hombogero said:
Don't forget all the tranny mods brnjug has... A properly tuned torque converter and vavlebody can make a world of difference.

Matthew
I understand that he has had extensive work done to his vehicle, but IMO still does not compare to an M3 SMG transmission. My best friend owns an e46 SMG, and in race mode the shifts are so extremely fast that it feels like getting slapped in the back of the head during an up shift. I concede the point that a superior driver may make it close, but the 45 and M3 are not in the same league. I own a 45 so I realize the performance potential of the vehicle for being a SUV/Crossover. I’m not trying to start a flame war here, but outside the bubble of http://www.infinitifx.org, the rest of the world can plainly see that you can not compare these two cars. Using a football analogy it is like comparing an extremely quick middle linebacker (Brian Urlacher) to a wide receiver (Randy Moss). Both players are fast……but not really in the same league.

·
Registered
411 Posts
brnjug - do you have any 1/4 mile times on your FX with all the mods? That should settle this debate.

Matthew

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Simple response.They obviously "compare" in the real world,and there are some BMW owners who are witness.The M3 that was faster had a re-flash and no cats.The one M3(the third in this group) who doubted said you are 1000 pounds heavier the others said (by body language ) to leave him alone,I later learned he had wrecked his earlier BMW and regularly drove over his head.I appreciated their good advise.
But this was not about M3's,but G's
ps.quarter will be soon!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
hombogero said:
race4aliving said:
Most who haven't spent time driving a broken in 45 just don't have a clue has to what the 45 can do 8)
I agree. Although, a correctly driven G35 is faster then a FX45. The FX45 is impressive for a SUV/Crossover, but has a hard time competing against many sports cars.
Back again huh, homie? ...still representing j. boy on the top of the page I see > http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads ... Board=FX45 Who sent you this time j. boy, 340, jon? ...always a pleasure :p ...Just like the last time you dropped in to agitate a situation > http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... ght=#51178 Good boy gofer homie, homeboy. :twisted: ...just revealing to folks who you really are, so they don't get caught up in your web of F/A nonsense. :shock:

·
Registered
187 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
hombogero said:
race4aliving said:
Back again huh, homie? ...still representing j. boy on the top of the page I see > http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads ... Board=FX45 Who sent you this time j. boy, 340, jon? ...always a pleasure :p

LOL.....the adults are talking Piniti. Just go back in the kitchen and bake cookies for your service advisors, lol. What's your deal with FA? Oh wait...is it because your 9 screen names don't work anymore? Just post under your jonnie2 account, or did that one get banned too? If the FX is your wife's DD, shouldn’t you be on the http://www.minivansgonewrong.com forum? I find it interesting that somebody who hates freshalloy as much as you, is constantly trying to post there. There is a word in the english language that defines this..........hmmmmm can't remember.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.