Registered
3,159 Posts
Some people really need to get over it!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
kcrudup said:
Some people really need to get over it!
I'm not trying to start a fight here but in the sports vernacular, the Dems got their A$$ kicked! The Democratic Party is simply out of touch with the people. The truth stings!

Bush got the most votes in history (i.e. the Dems got their large turnout!).
Bush won a clear majority with 51% and had a 3% advantage.
Republican support was very broad-based geographically (Dems was isolated clusters).
Larger electoral college victory than in 2000 (286 - 252). see http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicsel ... E=HFQLCAMP
Republicans gain seats in the Senate.
Dems lose in SD with Thune beating Minority Leader Daschle.
Louisiana sends a Republican to the Senate!!
Republicans gained a seat in the House.
All this in spite of the War in Iraq (which I assure you not all Republicans are happy with).

The Dems are clearly out of touch with the majority of the American people and must do much pondering for the future. They must make some changes and apply them in the '06 mid-term elections; appraise the results and make any necessary adjustments for '08.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Hmm, clear victory of 51% vs. 48%. I'd hardly call that an @ss-kicking. Great George, what's that tell you? Half the freaking country hates you and your policies and our country is horribly divided. When it's that close on an incumbant, IMO, that's a clear sign that our president is out of touch with the people and it's time for change. Not to say Kerry neccessarily had all the answers, either.

Ok, now that two perspectives have been posted, lets not let this thread get out of hand. It's too soon and people get WAY too touchy on this kind of thing.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Ok, now that two perspectives have been posted, lets not let this thread get out of hand. It's too soon and people get WAY too touvhy on this kind of thing.
I agree; but if you note I was merely referring to the outcome of the entire election on a Party (Dem)-by-Party (Reb) basis. Overall the Democrats did not do well, and they will need to regroup and rethink before the next election.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Agreed.

My comment on the thread was not directed specifically at you; I just know how these things tend to escalate in general. :roll:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey, I was told no political discussions on this board at all. What's going on here? Oh yeah, it was an a$$ kicking. The democratic leaders know it that's why they're regrouping.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Speaking of regrouping; '08 is going to be the first wide-open election in a long time. I do not believe Kerry will win Dem nomination again and Cheney will not run - so '08 is wide-open.

Incumbants lost in '76 and '80 and '92; Incumbant Pres won in '84 and '96 and '04; Incumbant VPs won in '88 and lost '00.

We have to go back a long way to find a truely open election with no incumbants involved at all.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
Speaking of regrouping; '08 is going to be the first wide-open election in a long time. I do not believe Kerry will win Dem nomination again and Cheney will not run - so '08 is wide-open.
Hillary vs Arnold. ::lol: ::( ::roll:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pataki/Guiliani vs Hillary/? :lol:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
particlefx said:
Arnold is not elegible.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
it's gonna be hilary and rudy with powell as vp i bet.

That would be great cuz both are pro-choice and we would have a first female pres or first af am vp so a first either way!

Course no one likes powell on the right anymore cuz he's pro affirmative action....

Did they really boo him at the convention? THat's just wrong!

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
particlefx said:
Arnold is not elegible.
Not yet. But... :eeeek:

"The Republican effort to make Arnold Schwarzenegger president of the United States has begun. California Congressman Dana Rohrabacher introduced legislation to overturn the Constitutional requirement that permits only persons born in the United States to serve as president. Similar legislation was introduced in the Senate."

source: The Black Commentator

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Saw that on the news the other day.

THE PRESINATOR :shock:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
" Nancy Pelosi is a strong leader. " " Hillary is being prepped for 2008. " Boy, I think dems are on a path to self-destruction with these type of delusions. Politically Hillary Clinton is to the left of Vladimir Lenin. Who in his skull will vote for her ? And Pelosi is a space alien. That woman never blinks, did you notice :oops: ? I hope everybody will agree, however, that one needs to marvel at the mere choices we've been presented with during this recent presidential contest.

1. A cokehead-cum-alcoholic simpleton paired with certified nutball who has illusions of grandeur.

2. A shifty, flip-flopping gigolo paired with an oily ambulance chaser.

3. A man who's spent his adulthood waging a jihad against things that have an internal combustion engine in'em .

Hey, who said we lived in a boring country :lol: ?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
pudicus said:
1. A cokehead-cum-alcoholic simpleton paired with certified nutball who has illusions of grandeur.
That certified nutball ran this country (into the ground) for the last 4 yrs, not the simpleton with the help of good ol' Rummy.

·
Registered
848 Posts
ujmot said:
pudicus said:
That certified nutball ran this country (into the ground) for the last 4 yrs, not the simpleton with the help of good ol' Rummy.
Now, now, you're pushing it Tom. :roll:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'm a sore loser, what can I say ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts