Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious who dont have roof rails? I didnt get roof rail when purchase. On the street, I see FX's with rail 99.99% of the time. I assume this only applies to 03 model unless you take it off afterwards.

I am happy to see you guys like rail-less. I'll post my pics soon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I opted not to get them... I think it looks more sporty and less SUV like with them off.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
No rails here. Deffinitely more sporty, lower and more agressive looking. 8)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Vivid said:
I opted not to get them... I think it looks more sporty and less SUV like with them off.
I agree, that's why I'm rail-less, well less drag too right? :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Railess ...dealer removed after 2 months,ordered railess!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Re: Rails or no rails.

One consideration is a Moonroof Visor. I think the Visor looks better with the rails as opposed to without them. I like having the visor because it significantly cuts wind noise with the moonroof open. It was 68 degrees coming in to work this morning and it was fine driving up to about 70. When it "crept" up to about 75 or so I noticed an increased drone/drag thru the open moonroof (visor is not much help above 70 mph).

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

ShadyJC said:
msu79gt82 said:
One consideration is a Moonroof Visor. I think the Visor looks better with the rails as opposed to without them. I like having the visor because it significantly cuts wind noise with the moonroof open. It was 68 degrees coming in to work this morning and it was fine driving up to about 70. When it "crept" up to about 75 or so I noticed an increased drone/drag.
msu79gt82 - wait, are you saying that you would recommend the wind deflector or not? You start by saying that it's good because it cuts wind noise but then you end by saying that you are hearing increased "drone" which would be exact opposite of cutting wind noise.
Esp. since most of us do very little driving under 70. :D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, I spent hours tried to decide with or without the roof rails, to me FX is a Super SUV, I wanted a racy look and didn't want to mess with "perfection" so no rails for me, though it was a really closed call.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

ShadyJC said:
msu79gt82 - wait, are you saying that you would recommend the wind deflector or not? You start by saying that it's good because it cuts wind noise but then you end by saying that you are hearing increased "drone" which would be exact opposite of cutting wind noise.
That's not exactly what I said. The visor absolutely helps cut down the wind noise. Without a visor at all, I find that opening the moonroof is a bad idea at virtually any speed over 40ish (its simply too loud). The visor allows you to open the moonroof and cruise as high as 70ish. What I meant was that above 75 close the moonroof (visor or no visor).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

ShadyJC said:
I've been wanting one but two dealers I spoke to said they cannot get them right now becuz Infiniti is changing manufacturers.
Interesting :?: I know for a fact that the OEM supplier for Acura (at least for the MDX) just went out of business recently and Acura must find another source.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
weird cuz i asked a guy at a dealership and he said they comewith the roof rails on and he acted as if u couldnt get them off afterwards.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
contaygious said:
weird cuz i asked a guy at a dealership and he said they comewith the roof rails on and he acted as if u couldnt get them off afterwards.
They were optional on '03 models. As for removing them, well, anything that goes together must be able to come apart; this guys sounds like a real genius. :roll:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Could you RAIL-LESS posters please go back and lay a picture on us, it would be cool to see a complete thread with all non railed FX 's! SO FAR THERE ARE ONLY 8. Five are black, One beryl16, and two copper. 35 & 45 an even mix. Seven of them are '03, and only ONE is an '04 (KITI)

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
That's it! After seeing FX Driver's rail-less silver FX, I'm going there. I think I'm going the cut-the-mounting bolt-method rather than removing the headliner for the full removal. Anyone know how much the plates are that cover the rail mounts? Do they have to be painted to match or do they come body color?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Already painted, color coded end caps, 73882-CG003 (003=copper) just insert the proper # for silver, your parts person will know. 4 of them at $11 each. Size: @ 1"x 3" ~ Join the club 8)

1 - 20 of 187 Posts