Infiniti FX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
would the kit come with an upgraded ecu or would the ts reflash still work with the kit im debating on getting the ts reflash or waiting for the kit

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
John is a Unichip person and will probably use that for engine management and fan control on those cars with larger radiators

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's great because it just so happens that I'm running with a Unichip. Keep me posted. I'm rather excited to see how much horsepower this whipple 45 will produce.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
John is Rabbid...Welcome 8)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Sorry,Hard to hide around here

·
Registered
55 Posts
brnjug said:
For the next few months building and testing will begin.Initially there will be 2 options,one with the blower kit set to run at 5-6 pounds of boost and the other with that kit plus larger injectors,fuel lines,pump,charge cooler and set for 10-11 pounds of boost.
An electric fan may be an option or will be part of the base kit

Now with some focus,things can proceed,but do not expect a kit until winter.Better to do this right than fast.

DaveO looks in periodically,and was pleased to see this choice for us as well as the tuner involved who DaveO knows well.In fact the electric fan borrows a lot from his concept
Check out page 30 :D

Ineresting discussions on the twin screw supercharger. I like it's design due to the high thermal efficiency >70% for most of its operating range. That's very close to the centrifuals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
DaveO said:
Check out page 30 :D

Ineresting discussions on the twin screw supercharger. I like it's design due to the high thermal efficiency >70% for most of its operating range. That very close to the centrifuals.
Thats no fare reading ahead haven't even gotten my issue yet!!!Dam the :evil: post office :evil: for taking there time delivering such important documentation

·
Registered
37 Posts
just wanted to say, I have been waiting for a SERIOUS power increase for over 2 yrs for my '03 45. for 2003, we had enough speed, but wioth the 2007 Porsche and SRT8, I definately think we need at least 450HP ; which is only reachable by turbo/super chargers.

I want to say, I am 100% in for anythign that'll add 100+ HP ! but it has to be

1- RELIABLE for everyday use!
2- easy to install, with minimum modifications .
3- price should be IN REACH! it should not cost like putting annother engine in there! price/performance ratio is important to everyone

If these factors are met, I'll be happy to use my savings on this instead of renewing my FX next year.

I'll be watching this thread very closely, hoping this flame stays alive, not like the previous turbo threads :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some of you have seen this kit. It uses an Opcon Autorotor twin screw supercharger. Heat exchanger built into the cast manifold. Tunning is done thru a Split Second Fuel and Timing controller.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
These pics were shown on FA from time to time and I and others talked to the dealer who said it was a one off and they had no interest in trying this again
Most attempts for FI on a 45 have been monitored and persons contacted
We now have a competent tuner/farircator willing to pursue the
Whipple for us..I see this is your second post,so welcome

·
Registered
14 Posts
I talked to Split Second, and they made 5 Fuel controllers. I know that there are at least 3. The silver one shown on the fresh alloy post, the blue one in seattle and the black one in my driveway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok guys just need a little help here I know you are mostley FX'ers here but I know ther is some interest for th M45 as well. I need to see if I can get a measurment from one of you I need measurment on hood clearnance from top of Manifold to the lowest point that would be affected on the hood.

Just so you know the Project has officially started will post picks as soon as I get something viable

thanks
JOHN

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
John,

In discussing this package over with Conrad I am more interested in the upgraded advanced kit and exactly what componenets it will include. I know it is still in the early stages but I would appreciate your thoughts on this. The reason I ask is I would like to know which option (TT or SC) will be the best for me when I do finally make my decision. I am in the process of getting everything done one by one before I do take that final step. Thank you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dr.2K said:
John,

In discussing this package over with Conrad I am more interested in the upgraded advanced kit and exactly what componenets it will include. I know it is still in the early stages but I would appreciate your thoughts on this. The reason I ask is I would like to know which option (TT or SC) will be the best for me when I do finally make my decision. I am in the process of getting everything done one by one before I do take that final step. Thank you.
Ok as of current we are looking at the following:
1.Whipple W140AX ( flow is greater that the Vortech T-trim)
2.Manifold ( not clear at this point if it will be just an upper manifold or complete manfold
3.intercooler and all pluming nec.
4. injector upgrade and pump upgrade
5. piggy back engine managment (probably Uni-Chip)
6. of corse all brackets necc

Again just off the top here and very simplified. At most my hope is all that will need to be changed is a drive pulley and tune for more power. I am sure things will change during development hopefully not by much

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
I see. Those are looking good. But before I run FI in my FX I would like to upgrade the motor, i.e., stroke, internals, built. Do you have any plans to offer a motor upgrade? Perhaps a built motor exchange. Also, will monitoring equipment be included as part of the package or will it have to be purchased seperately? Thanks again and I can't wait to see this kit in action. When do you expect to have a fully working prototype?

41 - 60 of 280 Posts