Infiniti FX Forum banner

201 - 220 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
At this point we are waiting on machine shop. Most are still swamped with government jobs making this a low prority job being that at this point it is concidered a one off piece. I'll be sending out more drawings on Monday to other machine shops to see if they could possible squeeze one out for me sooner

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you post some pics of the conrods? There is a group buy for the VH45 rods on the Nissan forum, and according to the 94 Q45 and the 02 Q45 FSM, the tolerances, bores and rod lenght/dimensions are the same on both motors. The builder of the motor above told me Arais made the pistons. His goal is 1200hp.

·
Registered
167 Posts
rabbid said:
At this point we are waiting on machine shop. Most are still swamped with government jobs making this a low prority job being that at this point it is concidered a one off piece. I'll be sending out more drawings on Monday to other machine shops to see if they could possible squeeze one out for me sooner
WHY? A "one off piece"??? If you can make a duplicate, you can sign me on for this one. The same goes for exh. headers...

·
Registered
18 Posts
NiK_0 said:
rabbid said:
WHY? A "one off piece"??? If you can make a duplicate, you can sign me on for this one. The same goes for exh. headers...
I know there are more that want this as well but I want to get everything set in stone on this one before I start taking orderes and money at this point cost is still speculative

·
Registered
566 Posts
brnjug said:
...The closer we get the more fine tuning of the plan...
Should be getting close to seeing progress I hope. If you can get ~8lbs safely on stock block, I would call it a day and be incredibly happy. With the AWD and 4.5, this should translate to somewhere in the 4sec range 0-60 consistently and will make you feel invincible at least in city driving. I'm sure you can hardly wait and best of luck.

·
Registered
167 Posts
IssaFX said:
brnjug said:
Should be getting close to seeing progress I hope. If you can get ~8lbs safely on stock block, I would call it a day and be incredibly happy. With the AWD and 4.5, this should translate to somewhere in the 4sec range 0-60 consistently and will make you feel invincible at least in city driving. I'm sure you can hardly wait and best of luck.
8lbs and 4 sec??!?! :D I do admire your optimism, but hardly... I think if it will hit times very close to a Cayenne turbo - that would be the goal.

·
Registered
566 Posts
NiK_0 said:
IssaFX said:
brnjug said:
8lbs and 4 sec??!?! :D I do admire your optimism, but hardly... I think if it will hit times very close to a Cayenne turbo - that would be the goal.
Stillen S4 at 8.2lbs with few tweaks on the 35 and RWD was pulling low 5's all day long. With the whipple, AWD and 4.5 I can see 4sec "range" (4-4.999) with ~8lbs (again, may be a little higher but below 9lbs). My guess, more like high 4's. I hope that we get to find out soon. No jealousy as it is all in the same FX family and don't forget that Cayenne turbo is considerably heavier.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
To clarify,we have never talked less than 10 pounds boost.Check the schmatics,this is a very strong block
Charge air temp is much lower than the S4 or a TT which helps make power
Our electronics can retard more timing than you may be familiar with to accomodate the boost
The Cayennes are very heavy and that hurts them regardless of the power they can produce
As with all things,proof is in the pudding

·
Registered
14 Posts
brnjug said:
To clarify,we have never talked less than 10 pounds boost.Check the schmatics,this is a very strong block
Our electronics can retard more timing than you may be familiar with to accomodate the boost
The Cayennes are very heavy and that hurts them regardless of the power they can produce

So can you get me some pics of the rods?

·
Registered
906 Posts
marksport said:
brnjug said:

They are classified as Top Secret! lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
marksport said:
brnjug said:

I remember when the VK first came out in the Q45, Infiniti used to have some print ads with their engine totally disassembled. You may want to search if there's a pic of that ad floating around.

·
Registered
471 Posts
brnjug said:
Considering your background with turbo'd cars, this statement is comical at best. You should know better. The Whipple is quite efficient, but not as efficient as a properly sized turbo application.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
I was also sponsored with the 3800GS SC car and we tried the 70 and 90 Eaton blowers.Humor is nice,information is better...many here have done their research and Nissan Sport will do a technical artical on the Whipple in the Fall...should be neutral information

·
Registered
566 Posts
brnjug said:
10lbs is very doable on stock block with good tune. All I was saying if you aren't out to break records that even 8lbs with the whipple and AWD is going to be enormously fun. Again best of luck and looking forward for the details.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Any progress?

Did the machine shop(s) come out with something?

Whats the decision on the FAN? How's the drivebelt going to fit?

Intercooler? Where exactly?.. asking becasue I have a pre-heater under front bumper.

News? Please?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Did this thread die?

subj ^^^

Last post was two weeks ago. Time goes by, but... anything done yet? When is the prototype? Pictures? Estimates? Something?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Another quality Machine Shop is aware of the urgency and the meeting of individuals with the Shop should occur this week or weekend...There is a lot going on to keep this project moving,the manifold is the key hurdle and we seem to be in a good place now

Issa's point is well made,the majority will not seek 10/10 of what may be possible and #10 should suffice,A few will want to test/stretch that envelop and once the prototype is complete and tested,those conversations with John can proceed...possibly have aloready

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good ... I am considering getting an FX45 and kinda doubtful unless I can get a lot more power out of it.

201 - 220 of 280 Posts