Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love what the strut bar did for my handling on my RWD and wanrt to do more. Unfortunately, I can't afford to do everything I want at once, so I would like opinions as to which you guys think would benefit my handling more: the H&R 15mm spacers or the rear sway bar from the AWD :?:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Spacers will give you a wider stance (tracking) and wider turning circle - sway will tighten up what you already have / if you chose both, you will achieve both. You have to decide what you want, really no negatives with sway bar.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Must,

I would suggest the sway bar first...then the spacers.

On my previous vehicle (IS300), I upgraded my sways with TRD Racing Sways. They were much beefer than the stocks and improved the handling tremendously. As performance wise the rear sway would be more beneficial. After that, you can decide if you want to go with the spacers.

All I can say is that the combination of the Eibachs & H&R's spacers has turned my dear Carmela into a more agile "bionic cheetah"! :D

I love her stance! :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Eibach's and rear bar.I would say that order,but both ultimately

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brnjugfx45 said:
Eibach's and rear bar.I would say that order,but both ultimately
I'm still undecided on the springs. I like the stance/ride height of the FX as it is, so I'd like to do the spacers and sway bar first, see how it feels and go from there.

Leaning toward the sway bar first...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
phamgiaj said:
MGFTr, how much OEM rear sway bar cost?
if Eibach makes them, be much stiffer than OEM.
I ordered the front STB from EverythingNissan but they reply " Out Of Stock" >>> SUCKS.
I'm checking on all the parts with everythingnissan.com now (they are cheaper than infiniti-parts.com and WAY cheaper than the dealer); should be able to get everything for under $200. No one makes aftermarket sway bars for the FX and if they did, it'd be more expensive and involved b/c I'd need the matched set of front and rear (not that I wouldn't prefer to go that route, if it were an option).

I knew a lot of places were out of stock on the STB and they'll likely raise preices when they get more b/c Stillen raised the price. Grubbs has them in stock and ready to ship (only takes a day to get) for $157 shipped in TX ($139 + tax & shipping).

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Thanks MGFTer, but for some trouble at Grubbs, the "WholeSale Parts/ Acceseries" icon doesn't work, getting "Page can not be found" message, I've been trying it since last night, I want this beauty bad.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
phamgiaj said:
Thanks MGFTer, but for some trouble at Grubbs, the "WholeSale Parts/ Acceseries" icon doesn't work, getting "Page can not be found" message, I've been trying it since last night, I need STB ASAP.
I just accessed it from here and it works fine. I wouldn't bother with the website, anyway, just call John directly at 1-866-789-0207 to order the part and make sure you ask for the 5% forum discount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts