Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the pics it's hard to tell which hitch is highest.

It kinda looks like the OEM may be an inch or two higher than the Curt or generally the aftermarket ones. To me this makes a difference.

Can anyone confirm?

Also does the OEM receiver hitch have a notch in the tube which acts like a hard stop for the ball mount bar? What about the Curt receiver hitch?
Can a ball mount slide all the way through the receiver hitch?

On my other car, I have a hidden hitch and it can only accept ball mounts that are short in length because the receiver has a notch in the tube and doesn't allow the hitch pin holes to match up. So, in order to get it to work I have to cut the ball mount shorter and without a band saw is hard to do.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I have the same observations as you regarding the height of the hitches. From the pictures, the OEM hitch (which is made by Hidden Hitch) looks like it sits higher, not to mention that it is less noticeable. The Curt hitch looks a little lower and more obvious.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Just measured my OEM hitch. 10 3/8 off the ground to the bottom of the reciever.

Ive seen many hitches on the FX, and the OEM is simply the best looking one. You barely know its there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
johnmax

I know this post is old, but can you or anyone with an oem stock hitch from a 03-08 fx35, please check on their stock oem ball mount and advise what's the part number? It should be stamped on the ball mount, just look on on of the four sides. I cant find ball mount and need a part number to replace. Thanks I. Appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I can look later, but any 2" ball mount will suffice in there.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Part number on mine is 999t5-ep0000s1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts