Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
They're at the valve stem, and lay down inside the rim at that point.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so where's their power source come from? see, i have those monitors on my FX35 18" wheels, but i'm changing over to OEM 20's soon and was wondering if the wheels come with them and if it's a different wheel for that option or what? can i just take mine out and put them on the OEM 20"s?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Christian said:
Not sure how they get power, couldn't see any way to change a battery when I looked at them.
I seem to recall this question coming up a year or so ago and one conclusion was that the sensors in the car are actually transceivers; they send a signal to the monitor in the tire and it's able to generate a response using the energy of the received signal. Of course, the other theory is that there is indeed a battery and it will die in 7 to 10 years. ::oops:

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
This has to be a prank of some kind.... :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
WTF :?:

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
hahaha hey dallace - this makes it look like im the one bringing the 2yr old threads back......

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
psiclne said:
hahaha hey dallace - this makes it look like im the one bringing the 2yr old threads back......
Yeahhhh, you and John :lol: .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.