Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam interested in finding a rim that is about 10 wide. I saw an X5 4.8is and the rims were fat. I havent been able to find any wheels that wide for the 45. Can the FX45 handle that rim width on a 20-22" wheel? tire rack and discount tire direct have nothing that wide. Widest I found was 9". Will the performance be at risk with a 10" vs 9"? thanks-

·
Registered
365 Posts
There are some 20x10 and 22x10 rims to be found.. Lowenhart is one brand that does the wider sizes. Try looking on http://www.superbuytires.com.

As for performance, they will be obviously be heavier than an equivalent rim in a narrower width, but I have no idea if the difference is enough to slow you down much.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
From the manual...

WHEELS AND TIRES
Road wheel, Type Size Offset in (mm), Aluminum
18 x 8JJ, 20 x 8JJ, 1.57 (40)

·
Registered
387 Posts
I like it except for the Zinik labeling around the edges. I think black rims on black cars look great.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
ShadyJC said:
.. the spokes are too flat and wide.
My thought was a great way to block-out/cover-up our small disc brake.
Have you ever stepped back and look at the FX disc brakes from faraway, they are way too small sitting inside the 20s... them brakes looks just like the Corola's with 18"s.
Shady, how's the Eibach springs wking? do you have pix of your car taking from far away in diff angle like the blue one from Taiwan Meet? Specially 3/4 front and rear view. thanks

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
2Fast4U, I will take some far-away pics like you have been requesting... also Big Brake Kit will fix the "small brake" look you are trying to fix... still very happy with the drop, looks good, rides good. What do you think about these wheels:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
ShadyJC said:
2Fast4U - look at the last picture I posted of my new rims in this thread -- this is the angle you want? Just further away? And one from the rear as well?

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4110
Oh yeah, I just saw them a min ago, a far away view is more realistic and that's the view that ppl will see it on the fwy. Stock tires and wider rims with lower springs look just darn good....calling bank to check my balance right now. :p

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Thanks Shady.
Double up that distance, level it and no tree shadow on the door. :p
I know it's just an illusion but the rear seems to ride on higher profile tires, love the gaps on the front.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.