Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the two pairs of 25mm wheel spacers that I ordered on Ebay. I plan on installing them soon and was wondering if I will need a four-wheel alignment afterwards. Also, just wanted to say that these are first-rate quality spacers! Thanks for the help in finding them. Also, I may be installing the H&R springs later. Should I wait to get the alignment until then?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I needed to get an alignment after the install. Was off ever so slightly.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Just make sure you do a good job of torquing the nuts on with a good torque wrench so it's even... and make sure you tighten in the 5-point way that you would when mounting your rims... if you're gonna get springs later, yeah I'd wait... they gotta take off the wheels to mount your springs... if you already have a shop that you've sourced out for the spring job, ask them if when the put the tires back on if they'll do your spacers for free. Would take them all of 2 extra minutes on each wheel (since they use the air torque wrenches)...

After all that, then do an alignment.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
The place I did my springs and stereo install at pulled my wheels off four days after they installed the springs and as DATMAN said placed them on for free. This may be atributed to the obscene amount of money I had just spent or the appointment looming a few days in advance for the new alarm install. :D

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. I appreciate it. When I get everything done I'll let you know how they turned out and post some pics.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I'm jealous jerry... this is also something I wanna do, but I'm gonna concentrate on interior mods first...

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Datman, what are you planning to do to your interior? The only thingsI changed in the interior were the pedals. I installed the aluminum sport pedals on mine. They really spruced up the interior.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I've got those pedals sitting in a box somewhere... will be installing them either today or this weekend...

Gonna head down to see johnmax... do the Garmin NAV, plus some other little things... but all together, it's gonna cost me quite a bit :(

The NAV is the most important. The other stuff is just for fun... all electronic stuff...

·
Registered
67 Posts
did you ever install those 25mm spacers...if so did you encounter any problems?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did install the spacers this past weekend. I love them!! What a difference in the look! I installed the 25mm spacers in front and back. The front tires are now flush with the wheel well lips, while the rear tires extend out just a hair past the lips. If I were to do it over, I think I would have installed the 25mm in the front and the 15mm in the rear. But they look great. I've driven it around town and also at 70 - 75mph on the highway with no problems at all. It tracks beautifully with no shimmy or anything like that, just like it did before. I was at the store today and a guy asked me about the FX. He liked it. He also wanted to know if it was rear wheel drive. When I explained that the front drive comes in only when you need it, he was impressed. When I asked him what he drove, he had to think about it for a while, then said "Oh yeh, a Chevy Trailblazer."

As far as the installation of the spacers, I jacked up a corner and did one wheel at a time. No problems at all as these are very high quality wheel spacers. I could spin the lug nuts on by hand until they bottomed. I also put antiseize on the backs of the spacers (as someone suggested) and on the backs of the wheels. I found out that there is one way the wheel caps go on - there is a picture of a tire valve on the inside of the cap (you have to look for it.) When I lined the picture up with the tire valve, it popped right on.

I thought about waiting to install the spacers until I ordered the H&R springs, but I couldn't wait. I also wanted to see how it looked with only the spacers installed at the stock height. I'm on the fence about getting the lowering springs. I would appreciate any suggestions, one way or the other. Thanks. Jerry

·
Registered
67 Posts
really appreciate the information....i will be heading to Vinny ten this weekend to do mines as well....so no rubbing...thats good.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, no rubbing at all. But as I said, I still have the stock springs with stock 20" wheels and BFG unidirectional tires, also stock size. Is your FX lowered? If it is, I don't know if the tires would rub or not. You'll need to check with someone who has both the 25mm spacers and the lowering springs. But everything is fine with mine. I think you will love them as well. Let us know how they turn out.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I've heard when the FX is dropped, the top of the tires moves in a bit (result of the double wishbone suspension geometry) so it doesn't rub when you drop it... don't remember what thread it was in as that was a long time ago. If you've got stock tires and are worried about any rubbing, then go with 20 mm spacers instead.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I have no problems with rubbing.

Current config:

Nitto 420S 265/50/R20
H&R Spring's (Non-Mod/No Cut's)
25MM Spacer's front and rear

Get the spring's - can't comment on the Eibach, but I LOVE the H&R. The FX ride's better and better as they settle in. You can tell right away when you drive it from the stock and the H&R.

·
Registered
261 Posts
JGINATL said:
I have no problems with rubbing.

Current config:

Nitto 420S 265/50/R20
H&R Spring's (Non-Mod/No Cut's)
25MM Spacer's front and rear

Get the spring's - can't comment on the Eibach, but I LOVE the H&R. The FX ride's better and better as they settle in. You can tell right away when you drive it from the stock and the H&R.
+1 no problems here also. I have H&R springs and 25mm Ichiba spacers and spec x 265/50/20 tires. The ride and handling is awesome.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the response guys...i will go ahead this weekend and i will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any of you recommend putting 30mm in the back 25 in the front
m
me! please go and check forged AL7075-T6 hub-centric wheel spacers, they are stable, useful, and safe~ in case of you want to check, here are pics of FX35 with 15mm wheel spacers.
post here for reference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts