Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at spacers to 'fill' the gap btwn the wheel and fender. Looking straight on to the FX with the wheels facing straight foward, it seems that the front track on the car is pretty narrow in comparison to the fender bulges.

Just wondering if any of you know anything about it's effects on handling/tire wear. I wonder what would happen if they were intalled with lowering springs as well.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
ujmot said:
I was looking at spacers to 'fill' the gap btwn the wheel and fender. Looking straight on to the FX with the wheels facing straight foward, it seems that the front track on the car is pretty narrow in comparison to the fender bulges.

Just wondering if any of you know anything about it's effects on handling/tire wear. I wonder what would happen if they were intalled with lowering springs as well.
i have heard negative things in regards to this.......

lemme have a look around foir some good info!

sms

ps- tallked to an eibach guy today......

the lowering springs UNDER 2" shouldnt cause an ill-effect on the camber.....

im still not sold on the idea though

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
esemes said:
ps- tallked to an eibach guy today......

the lowering springs UNDER 2" shouldnt cause an ill-effect on the camber.....

im still not sold on the idea though
Was that in reference to THIS car or cars in general? I had my Del Sol lowered 1.75" and it promoted pretty bad eneven tire wear due to the effets on the camber.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I shouldnt quote a company that created the Asstec but 'wider is better' isnt it?

Doesn't increasing the track increase stability?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Regarding the wheel spacer, I heard it will introduce wheel shimmy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, on an FX35 with stock 20's, the wheels will shimmy if I add a set of spacers?

I'm new here and I'm trying to see what will work for me.

Thanks for the info.

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Wow!Somebody dug this up.As possibly the first installed
eibach springs...camber is fine(it is at the outer limits of ok),tire wear is fine and folks like them

I do not support spacers but there are plenty of threads about them which on average positive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts