Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace my front wheel hub assembly and now I am stuck. I was following the write up from http://www.infinitiscene.com/forum/thre ... g-Assembly and I have same issue pulling the hub assembly out using a pull hammer. So now I guess I am stuck with pulling the entire wheel unit as noted in Plan B and hammer it out from behind? My question here is before I remove the wheel assembly as in picture 29 do I need to compress the spring or can I just pop it out? Is this my only option? Looking at the strut I am not sure if there is anying that will support the strut in place if I pop the assembly out. HELP!!! Sorry about the link to other forum :p

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
The hammer they use in that how to isnt really the best. You need one with a y shaped head, that'll bolt to tle studs. Then yank away. Done it twice on mine and just takes some elbow grease.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John, I was able to rent the sliding hammer with the hub attachment from Oriley but still no luck after few hours of trying to hammer it out. Am I missing something? I have 4 bolts from the WHA removed and there are 2 bolts to the strut, 1 bolt for the bottom and 1 for steering for lack of technical terms. A guy at the Oriley said I should remove the steering arm but sucker is in there tight and I don't want to force anything and end up with bigger problem. Thanks much!

·
Registered
7 Posts
FX Lover said:
Hi John, I was able to rent the sliding hammer with the hub attachment from Oriley but still no luck after few hours of trying to hammer it out. Am I missing something? I have 4 bolts from the WHA removed and there are 2 bolts to the strut, 1 bolt for the bottom and 1 for steering for lack of technical terms. A guy at the Oriley said I should remove the steering arm but sucker is in there tight and I don't want to force anything and end up with bigger problem. Thanks much!
I just finished swapping 2011 FX50 brakes onto my 09 FX35. In the process of replacing all the dust shields I had to remove the hub assemblies. Here is a video I recorded that shows how to easily remove the hub assemblies:

http://infinitihelp.com/diy/fx/projects/infiniti_fx_front_wheel_hub_removal.php

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just replaced my bearing on front driver side for the 2nd time. I assumed since I recently replaced it, it should be easy to get out this time. But rust acts fast and adheres it well. The trick that finally worked after beating on it for hours was bolting an old rotor on to the hub backwards so I had more surface area to hit, then go ham with a mallet. Or if you can get one of the lugs knocked out (top ones work best) with the hub on, put in a long screw and bolt. ratchet it against the dust pan or any part of the axle arm, once the bolts tight to the hub if you keep tightening it, bottom will push the hub out of the socket. hillibilly physics. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts