Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was suppose to get one of the first 2005 FX45's in the USA this weekend. The dealer had the car on his lot, gave me the vin number and took a $500 deposit from me. Now the dealer tells me that Infiniti won't let him sell the car before Jan 1st!

The reason they gave him is that there are a ton of 2004 45's still unsold. Is that lame or what? BTW, it begs the question as to why there are so many unsold FX's out there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thats absurd...so even if you are willing to pay msrp and they still won't let you buy the car?

If I was you, i would take the business to another dealership because what they are telling you sounds bs and I don't think any car maker would lay down a rule that an inventory on the lot cannot be sold for the purpose of supply control.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price I negotiated with this dealer was $500 over invoice. He knows that if he can't straighten it out by mid week I'm asking for the deposit back. The guy seems genuine and is blaming it on Infiniti. The reason I'm kinda bent out of shape on this is because the car was going to be my wife's xmas present.

BTW, I can't get a commitment for a 2005 45 before mid Jan from any other dealer. No one is selling them yet; they are supposed to be on there way over from Japan now.

·
Registered
597 Posts
You dealer is full of shyte. I bought my '04 model in November of 2003 as soon as it rolled off the truck. Meantime they had a boatload of '03s sitting around collecting dust. Whether he's more inclined to move last year's stock is another matter. The factory will kick'em a few extra $$$ for clearing old inventory.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You dealer is full of shyte. I bought my '04 model in November of 2003 as soon as it rolled off the truck. Meantime they had a boatload of '03s sitting around collecting dust. Whether he's more inclined to move last year's stock is another matter. The factory will kick'em a few extra $$$ for clearing old inventory.

Generally I'd say you were right. My suspected that he got a better offer for the car. What makes me believe he is telling the truth is that the car does not show on his inventory, he claims it has not been signed over yet from infiniti and he says after Jan 1st it's mine..... very strange.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I believe that your dealer wants to sell the car to someone else for more than $500 over MSRP. ONCE you ask for the deposit back he is free to sell it to someone else for a bigger profit - and before 1/1/05 I'm sure. Since you can't get one elsewhere before then I'd hold out for this one and then rip them to shreds on the customer satisfaction survery.

PS - the line they fed you is BS

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Even when I'm just looking at a car, I always write down the VINs. Any time I leave anything that requires me to sign something (deposit, etc.) I make sure the VIN is on the paperwork. Dealers can be real scumasses at times.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Does this particular 2005 FX45 draw in more "buyers" to the showroom? I've never heard of anything like this before unless it was some limited, brand new, high-end and very first delivered vehicle like a Maybach 62, SLR, Enzo or Carrera GT. Those vehicles would generate more showroom traffic and "Buzz"to that dealership by being at the dealership for a brief time even if the new buyer ordered it a year ago with a deposit. In these cases, the contract would show that the dealership would retain the vehicle on the showroom for x days as part of a mutual agreement before prep and delivery to the new owner.

fxdude, your situation sounds like the dealership's sales management, not necessarily the choice or purpose of your salesperson, wants to garner a higher profit margin on an FX45 which is not readily available just yet. They believe that they can easily sell the FX for more rather than letting it go prematurely for only $500 over invoice. Maybe by January 1st other FX45s would have arrived? Additionally, your salesperson may have committed the sale to you at that price without a formal approval by their sales and finance managers. Why don't you speak directly with the GM or principle to get the real facts and the FX45 you were promised right now?

Btw: "Infiniti USA" doesn't own your independently-owned Infiniti dealership, and I can't see why "Infiniti" would even prolong the sales period on a current-production, not newly introduced 2005 FX45. The issue of 2004 FX45s on the lot means nothing as you negotiated for a specific 2005 FX45 which they do have on-site. Who here has ever taken delivery of any make/model MY the calender year before? Everyone at least once or twice? Sounds like a conflict of interest at the dealership. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Go back to the dealer and ask them to conference call Infiniti and listen to the answers they give both of you at the same time. If they refuse get the VIN and call Infiniti direct and get the story from them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, thanks for the advice.

Yes this is a 45 loaded with the Platinum color. It's the only one that's in the country right now. I like the idea of getting Infiniti on the phone with the sales person. I have the VIN and signed paperwork; unfortunately there are no binding dates.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I personaly dont think that the dealer is trying to screw him out of a 2005 FX. From a business stand point the dealer would be better of getting the sale, even if its only $500 over MSRP and then just ordering another FX.

I have been to some infiniti dealerships latelty and they have 2005s in their back lot but they are not selling them. yes it might be because there are too many unsold 2004s but dont feel like your the only one that cant buy a 2005.

·
Registered
641 Posts
gargan said:
So you've actually seen the new Platnium color? Is it nice?
I wish I had seen the new color, like everyone else here I am dying to see it.
Then again if I see it now it will probaly convince me to get an '05 rather than a discounted '04

1 - 13 of 13 Posts