Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering, I own the G35 and I totaly love it, but due to needs, I might have to consider the FX35/45(again love it)

How much slower are these 2 in comparison to the G35 auto? the G35 has an awesome punch when you push it, where as the small test drive I had of the FX35 in which I couldnt test much, the punch didnt seem even close, so how slow is it in comparison and what would I have to do to come upto the level of the G? How much mullah would it be and what all would I have to do?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
G35 coupe or sedan? Oh what the heck...:
Code:
Car                   0-60 secs*
-------------------------------
G35 coupe             6.15
6M + ABS

G35x sedan            6.51
5A + ABS + AWD 

G35 sedan             6.64
5A + ABS

FX35 - AWD            7.50

FX35 - RWD            7.30

FX45                  6.50
*Your times may vary. ::D

If you get a FX35, expect to pay ~$2K to match the sedans, ~$6K to match the coupe.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
there is no comparison between a G35 and an FX35 AWD. if you want punch then you'd better get the FX45 or a RWD35.

that is one thing i miss (i.e.. the acceleration) from when i used to have the G35.

i am trying to get my fiance to dump the accord lease early (in the spring sometime) and get an '05 G35 sedan since they upped the HP to 280 and have the better interior, etc.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Just for comparison's sake, my RWD '35 is 6.4. Still, the G sedan feels much quicker (it's more like 6.1 in real life) b/c of it's lower center of gravity and lower weight. It "feels" even snappier then the G35 coupe, IMO b/c the coupe is heavier, though in reality it is a bit faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts