Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard/read much lately about true dual exhaust. What gives? Is there anyone really producing a true system that is a bolt on? What about CAI? What's been the general feeling from those who have bought and installed what's available?

I'm inerested, but not getting any warm and fuzzies. Please help!

Mark

·
Registered
882 Posts
From what i've been reading on the 350Z forums and g35 forums the stock exhaust is tuned pretty well. As a result aftermarket exhausts are producing nominal gains.Pretty much you are paying for the sound and looks.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Phat45 said:
I haven't heard/read much lately about true dual exhaust.
There's been some talk here, but no real "buyable" parts.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
mushutofu said:
From what i've been reading on the 350Z forums and g35 forums the stock exhaust is tuned pretty well
But that's the VQ; since it's already there for the VK (in the Q/M trims) I'd like to have it for the FX, too.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I think that most aftermarket exhausts will only bring you 7-15hp for any vehicle(that's a tenth to tenth and a half)I do not believe the stock Fx45 is that great and changed it immediately.and happy I did!Check elsewhere here for other options like G35 exhaust.CAI is also a mixed bag...Paddoack claims to have their CAI ready for market.When I saw the proto on another car it clearly needed a bigger filter which is now in place..ordering today!.Stillen claims their CAI for the FX35 can be modified for the 45.My dealership could not make it work and after a lot of BS got my credit.As I have from day one,I am continuing to modify my 45 and having parts made when I need to.What the car needs is clear!I am also pressuring ATI(through my old racing connections) on a blower which they are reconsidering

·
Registered
176 Posts
What exhaust did you use and where did you get it? I can't seem to find many performance parts for the FX45.

·
Registered
176 Posts
What exhaust did you use and where did you get it? I can't seem to find many performance parts for the FX45.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I had it done for me.3" after the Y pipe back to a transverse Flowmaster(3" in and 2 2.5 out) and into the tips.No resonator and it simply flyes above 3500..actually went back and had a section redone a couple months later to make it smoother..now there are some options...the true duals maybe be too big for high flow...that is a guess no diameters.Dealership loves it and the other mods and talk up my wins to prospective customers

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Well the Paddock CAI is delayed about 6 weeks.That's a drag!I will go ahead with further mods to the trans and the converter in May and hopefully all will be ready by the end of May...not the order I would have preferred.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts