Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Consumer Reports shows a base invoice of $33,146, plus a Destination Charge of $590 and from that number you should subtract a Dealer Holdback of $1,023. I have added on a couple of packages and options (invoice value) and have offered a dealer $33,146 + options + $500. It has been 3 days and they guy hasn't called me back. He initially came in at $1500 over the $33,146 + options.

So my question is what should I expect to pay for an 04? I spoke with another dealer today and he told me that Consumer Reports is wrong and that the Dealer Holdback is actually $699 not $1023. He then came back to me with the base invoice + destination -699 holdback + 650.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance for any input

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I paid a little (a very little actually) below invoice as calculated on Edmunds a week ago.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I bought my FX35 RWD at the end of July and paid about $200 below invoice. I had a lot of luck getting pricing from 6-7 different dealers in my area by doing the "get a quote" thing on sites like Edmunds and CarsDirect.com. I got pricing on every option variation I wanted, called the dealer I wanted to do business with (because of proximity) to make an offer and had a deal in 10 minutes. God bless the Internet!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked out Edmonds just now and the invoice price on thier site was $38,998. The Consumer Reports report that i bought from them included a dealer payback that most websited don't tell you about. A local dealer offered me $550 below the Edmonds incoice price today. I am going to try to get him to go lower tomorrow. I think prices are dropping as the new models are comming in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I paid 36.6K for mine and feel I got a very good deal in the SF, CA Bay Area; if you happen to live near Braintree, MA, you may want to check out Quirk Infiniti, seems they're trying to give away their 2004 inventory:

http://www.quirkcars.com/specials/infiniti/ad.htm

34.9K for an FX35 w/chrome 20's and Sport package; it'd be interesting to find out what else this includes, Touring perhaps?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
LarryW said:
34.9K for an FX35 w/chrome 20's and Sport package; it'd be interesting to find out what else this includes, Touring perhaps?
If I recall correctly, the Touring package is a pre-requisite to Sport or Tech packages.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
ShadyJC said:
LarryW said:
If I recall correctly, the Touring package is a pre-requisite to Sport or Tech packages.
Correct - Sport package requires Touring and the Tech package includes Touring according to the brochure. However that is very misleading because you must pay for both packages (so the Tech package advertised at $4300 and includes Touring requires $2900 extra for that Touring).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts