Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WARNING: This video contains profanity, so it may only be suitable for mature audiences. I normally wouldn't post a link to something with language like this used, but this is something to think about as it could happen to anybody. What would you do?

Moderators: If you find it in-appropriate, please feel free to remove it.

http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=81816

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:shock: Oh, I had to take a moment there...

As for the first link, I wasn't sure where it was going, but once you get through the babble at the beginning... :shock: Man, what COULD you do, unless you were packing?

I think the fact that a disclaimer was included makes it ok to stay.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
:shock:

then

:lol:

Emotions from each end

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MustGoFastR said:
As for the first link, I wasn't sure where it was going, but once you get through the babble at the beginning... :shock: Man, what COULD you do, unless you were packing?
That's why we have CHL here in TX, and this right here is why I think more people should exercise their 2nd amendment right. The question is - would it be a justified shooting? It seems to me that once that crow bar is swinging around my driver's window, I can, and should, be in fear for my life, so expiring that dude should be within the law. Of course much of it will depend on the prosecutor and the jury anyways...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
LOL I don't care if you are in texas, shooting someone for damging your private goods should not be justified under the law IMO.

Maybe you can get a reduced sentence for being scared, but cmon now :p I'm sure insurnace woudl cover you.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I would have shot or run over him. The law protects you if you are in danger for your life and at any time thus guy could have killed or meant to kill you. At the very least you can shot a limb.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
contaygious said:
LOL I don't care if you are in texas, shooting someone for damging your private goods should not be justified under the law IMO.

Maybe you can get a reduced sentence for being scared, but cmon now :p I'm sure insurnace woudl cover you.
No, none would shoot him for damaging goods (although I would really like to). Now, imagine for a minute that that first blow to the driver's window shattered it, and the next swing would go straight to your head, crashing your skull. Would that be worth shooting him for? Or if you had your baby in the back seat, and once that rear window shattered (cutting your child in the process), the next swing would hit him. Would that be worth shooting the lunatic for? My answer is - you bet!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
contaygious said:
Swinging a crowbar at your head, is NOT "damaging your private goods" - it is physical assault and grounds for self defense in Texas.

:snipersmile: :2gunfire:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Makes y'all wanna come visit, don't it? :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Having trouble viewing, probably because I am using my company laptop and they make it difficult to download from the internet.

I am no attorney but in Pennsylvania you cannot shoot to protect property but you can to protect life. I used to be a Pistol Instructor (Personal Self Defense), by your descriptions it sounds like a double tap with a .45 to the forehead would be the appropriate response.

A legally armed and trained society is a polite society, I find comfort with my Colt or Glock. :D

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
IMO guns are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

OK OK I give in, you can run over the guy... does that make you feel better? I would probably ram him and drive off.

But guns make me :evil:

Guns might make one person safer but what about those caught in crossfire? i'm gettin too serious, but still guns are touchy for me go talk to someone who lost a loved one caught in a crossfire situation-it AIN"T pretty.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
contaygious said:

OK OK I give in, you can run over the guy... does that make you feel better? I would probably ram him and drive off.

But guns make me :evil:

Guns might make one person safer but what about those caught in crossfire? i'm gettin too serious, but still guns are touchy for me go talk to someone who lost a loved one caught in a crossfire situation-it AIN"T pretty.
Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns are tools, and it's up to tools operator to decide how to use it. It's the same as saying cars kill people. No, it's bad (drunk) drivers that kill people. You're not afraid of cars, are you? Why? Because you know how to use cars in responsible manner, and how to be safe doing it. Same applies to firearms. Firearms in right hands save more innocent lives than firearms in wrong hands kill; you just don't hear anything about it because news like this don't sell newspapers.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
contaygious said:
Hrmph. That's 'cause you're from the San Francisco Bay Area. I couldn't wait to get out of there for many reasons, among them the ultraliberal politics (LA ain't too much better) and the cold-ass weather.

·
Registered
119 Posts
kcrudup you are correct. There is a very basic rule known as the 3 Cs....Clear sight, Clear target, Clear backstop. Gotta have all 3 to shoot. Nobody should carry a firearm without proper training. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
sorry comparing guns to cars doesnt work for me cuz cars are not made to KILL people. guns have only one purpose.

and no one is hunting in the city so that doesnt count.

I respect ur opinion. But it's way to easy to get a gun and not know how to "properly" use it assuming there is a proper way which is still arguable to me. I'm a liberal I know hate me all u want 8)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts