Infiniti FX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hello All,

This is quite an interesting place to be though just got to know about this forum yesterday - 6 months after I'd bought my FX, remembering how curious I was finding info about Infiniti cars online and reading several reviews for a year before deciding to pick one finally.

My 07 FX45 arrived my house in Lagos last week 7th Sept 2010 unfortunately I'm currently in Ulsan so yet to see it but my wife is struggling to confirm what's present and what's missing based on this list outlined here. Confirmed there was 2 ikeys but not sure of walet and valet keys, manuals and 1st aid kit present. I wish I'm around to feel the power of this machine.

My beloved Bionic Cheetah awaits my return to confirm what's missing in the list as well feel the much talk about power of the FX. I feel highly honoured to be in this forum for the love of FX and to own one in reality.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I'm looking to purchase an FX later this year after I get back from our honeymoon (yay for marriage) and sell my SVT. I have a couple of questions not covered.

1. Which is the better year to get if the mileage is the same? I'm looking at 2006 models because of the facelift. Is newer really better?
2. Is the 45 really worth waiting and paying for if I like speed? And I do like the larger wheels.
3. I don't see really any mechanical or electrical issues I should look out for...unless I miss something?
How many miles are too much? I had my limit set at 65k.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,763 Posts
VonKaiser said:
1. Which is the better year to get if the mileage is the same? I'm looking at 2006 models because of the facelift. Is newer really better?
2. Is the 45 really worth waiting and paying for if I like speed? And I do like the larger wheels.
3. I don't see really any mechanical or electrical issues I should look out for...unless I miss something?
How many miles are too much? I had my limit set at 65k.
1. The 2003-2005 models are pretty much the same, and the 2006-2008 models are slightly better. So yes, anything 2006 or newer is going to have a better interior, not to mention it feels better to own a newer vehicle.
2. The 35 is adequate for power, but if you really want to go fast (and coming from a SVT) you'll want the 45. The only reason I would say get the 35 is if you planned on going SC/TT with it. Otherwise, stick with the 45. Used prices should be about the same as a 35, only problem is there is less selection.
3. No, there are no specific problems you should look for. Most problems are rare, and if you get a model still under the 4 yr/60k mile warranty, you can get the faded window trim, weak hatch struts, or any electronic problems fixed for free. Use the checklist at the beginning of this thread to look for items that should come with the FX.
4. I always try to buy my used vehicles under 40k miles, but 65k is still alright for the FX. You have to remember that the more miles on the odometer, the more maintenance should have been performed (and could have been skipped). You can check the VIN with any Infiniti service department to see what service was performed. If the vehicle is private party, ask the seller if they have the maintenance records. At 65k miles, I would make sure the coolant and transmission fluid have been replaced at some point. The 60k mile service would be a bonus. Also, have it inspected by a reputable mechanic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
GixxerSteve said:
VonKaiser said:
1. Which is the better year to get if the mileage is the same? I'm looking at 2006 models because of the facelift. Is newer really better?
2. Is the 45 really worth waiting and paying for if I like speed? And I do like the larger wheels.
3. I don't see really any mechanical or electrical issues I should look out for...unless I miss something?
How many miles are too much? I had my limit set at 65k.
1. The 2003-2005 models are pretty much the same, and the 2006-2008 models are slightly better. So yes, anything 2006 or newer is going to have a better interior, not to mention it feels better to own a newer vehicle.
2. The 35 is adequate for power, but if you really want to go fast (and coming from a SVT) you'll want the 45. The only reason I would say get the 35 is if you planned on going SC/TT with it. Otherwise, stick with the 45. Used prices should be about the same as a 35, only problem is there is less selection.
3. No, there are no specific problems you should look for. Most problems are rare, and if you get a model still under the 4 yr/60k mile warranty, you can get the faded window trim, weak hatch struts, or any electronic problems fixed for free. Use the checklist at the beginning of this thread to look for items that should come with the FX.
4. I always try to buy my used vehicles under 40k miles, but 65k is still alright for the FX. You have to remember that the more miles on the odometer, the more maintenance should have been performed (and could have been skipped). You can check the VIN with any Infiniti service department to see what service was performed. If the vehicle is private party, ask the seller if they have the maintenance records. At 65k miles, I would make sure the coolant and transmission fluid have been replaced at some point. The 60k mile service would be a bonus. Also, have it inspected by a reputable mechanic.
Thank you for the reply, good to get that info. I've noticed the rarity of the 45. Wiki says less that 2,000 (or something) 45's exist. I'm sure the 35 might satisfy but if I pulled up next to a 45 several years from now at a redlight I'd sulk... Lol

I'm glad that the FX is reliable. That makes me happy. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
VonKaiser said:
Wiki says less that 2,000 (or something) 45's exist.
You dont really believe Wikipedia, do you?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I would almost bet anything there were more than 2000 45s, even if they only mean in one year. **** probably 2000 of the people registered here have 45s.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I think you should create a new topic instead of posting off topic in this one :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
good price for a 2006 fx 35?

There is a dealer that has a 2006 fx 35 loaded with only 24000 miles on it. It has the tech and sport packages but no dvd entertainment which is fine. They are asking 25995 for it. Is that a fair price? Im thinking of offering 24000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I am picking up a 2010 fx35 in the morning. I haven't seen anything on here for the Gen 2s. Before I pay them anything I am curious of what known issues should I look for. The car has 36k and was a "personal use" vehicle(not rental or fleet).

Thanks, MP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Howdy Forum!

New 2004 FX45 owner here. 87k miles, Sport Package, Navigation, Backup Cam. Detroit metro area. Love the SUV, glad I bought it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Quick question about "15. AWD vehicles will have an AWD light that will illuminate upon startup briefly"...did they make the FX45 in just RWD?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
No such thing RWD FX-45
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,995 Posts
Quick question about "15. AWD vehicles will have an AWD light that will illuminate upon startup briefly"...did they make the FX45 in just RWD?
FX45 is AWD only. The AWD light that comes on is the system checking itself upon start-up. The Check Engine light will also come on briefly. It doesn't mean your engine will blow up.
 
41 - 60 of 63 Posts
Top