Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What PSI are your tires set at and what is a good PSI for snow conditions?

I am running at 35 PSI at the advice of my tech.

Would 32PSI be good for the snow? More or less?

I know for beach driving you run your tires at pretty low PSI

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I try to keep mine at 32 psi -- regardless of the weather.

Lowering them for snow sounds like a good idea, but under inflating tires can damage the tire, sacrifice handling, traction and durability. Really, you should use an all-season or snow tire because they will resist hydroplaning and increase traction.

You are in San Francisco and keep them at 35? :eeeek: When I drive downtown the crappy roads there rattle my teeth and I hear squeeks and rattles from my car that I never hear anywhere else.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I keep mine at 32. It was so cold last night (29 F) that my flat tire warning went off. It finally cleared this morinig after the tire in question reached 31PSI.

·
Registered
706 Posts
32 psi.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
34 all around. I'd run 'em at 36 for a while for handling, then I heard this makes 'em prone to uneven middle-tread wear.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
33. All four.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts

I have noticed that when it is really cold lately (20 or less) they really drop to like 28 or 29 and then in 5 or so miles finally get back up to 31. So this week I bumped it up to 34 during the cold, so I dont feel like I am running on flats.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Never < 32 :) Never > 34 ~ Always check when Cold in early AM, before any driving. (I want to shoot for 30K) :shock:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I prefer the ride at 32 cold; however my dealer set the pressure at 35 cold during my recent trip in and I haven't changed them back yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
33 on all four and have 44k on original set of tires. Time for new ones!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I also keep mine at 32 psi..Looking like your best bet to me..

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

A question for the FXs with techs.....how often do you guys check your tire pressures manually?

With my old car (no monitoring system!), I did so every week. Now, I check manually every few months!!!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
kcrudup said:
34 all around. I'd run 'em at 36 for a while for handling, then I heard this makes 'em prone to uneven middle-tread wear.
I'm with Kenny. I run 34 all around, too. I do it because it rides and handles better. Lower pressure seems to result in the tire taking most of the impact of bumps. That is, the tire deforms and doesn't give the suspension a chance to react to the terrain. I could be just making this up, but the ride is definitely better with those couple extra pounds.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
36 cold all the way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts