Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious what "K" OEM HID's are?

also, are there any foglight bulbs to match the color or look of the HID's since the stock ones are just normal bulbs? not lookin to get HID fogs, but atleast bulbs that kind of match visually....

also... if i wanted to change the OEM daytime running lights to an LED or an aftermarket bulb, which ones match the OEM HID's best?
i wont be getting 10k HID's...keeping them stock since the FX is new...
i saw this in another post but dont think it matches well at all (he has 15 LED in white)...i also dont think my OEM HID's look so "non-HID" as the ones in the pic below....i dont know why, but i am pretty sure mine arent that "yellowish" but more white than that....

·
Registered
882 Posts
stock HID is 4200K

personally my plasmaglow blue 9006 bulbs match the stock HID really well and they're only like 35 bux with a 10 year warranty.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Digital pics won't be entirely accurate due to glare, angle and height in which you take the HID pics. Although next to the 15 LED clearance lights, you're HID will definitely look more yellowish. It's all relative as iwhen you are comparing 4100-4300K OEM HIDs to 5000K to 6000K on up.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Hey, that FX looks familiar!

RU_MATRX said:
Digital pics won't be entirely accurate due to glare, angle and height in which you take the HID pics. Although next to the 15 LED clearance lights, you're HID will definitely look more yellowish. It's all relative as iwhen you are comparing 4100-4300K OEM HIDs to 5000K to 6000K on up.
Correct. The LED clearance lights are deffinitely more blu-ish than the stock HIDs and I'm not entirely sure I like it, but I don't like the very yellow stock clearance bulbs, either. The best match I've seen to the stock HIDs are the incandecents with the blue coating (Piaa extreme white, Polarg, etc.), but I don't like these b/c when not lit, you can see the blue bulb in the housing, which is a bit too high on the "Rice Factor" scale for me on this vehicle, so I'm not sure what I'll end up doing in the end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts