Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by many wheel shops that the FX can only run a 22" wheel without modifying the wheel well or something to the truck? is this true? I understand anything bigger may look silly, but i am curious as to what size is the biggest an FX can run as a bolt on wheel (no modification of any sort)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did see a 24" wheel on an FX parked outside my building. It looked sick. That was one of the reasons I am considering purchasing a FX...

I don't know if he had to modify the fender or inner liner to make that wheel fit, but it did look a little tight in there.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've seen several (though rare) 23"/24" here in LA. I bet you some were 24." Even though it's not my taste and that size would kill performance and ride, one or 2 did look great! Tough to gauge size when the FX is moving so quickly. :D

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I would recommed some light weight 22". I was running triple chrome wheels and were just too heavy to compete in speed, so I have changed back to 20"'s untill I can might a light enough 22" wheels. I think anything larger than 22" would look too big for the size of the FX.

Jim

·
Registered
549 Posts
Also, one-piece wheels without a lip (Euro-style) just like our stock 20" OEM wheels will make them look significantly larger and better balanced for your vehicle. I agree with jimsbmw, 22" would be the limit in visual size though they would come with a performance disadvantage generally due to an increase in unsprung weight and suspension compliancy during cornering (not enough sidewall and too stiff sidewalls vs. stock). Ride is or may be another issue based on your preference. I like brnjugfx45's choice of 45% aspect ratio on 20" rims for the additional performance-oriented edge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.