Infiniti FX Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
(German) Castrol Syntec 0W-30
do your research on some of the other performance car sites and you will see that it is highly recommended
only negative is it is harder to find, select PepBoys and Autozones carry it
It is also what I use in my 2002 Camaro Z28

·
Registered
291 Posts
kieranlavin said:
45? You're just looking for the extra filter material?
More filtration ... honestly I got them because I read somewhere (on here) that going with the bigger filter has its benefits. Plus, they were maybe $1 more than the 35 filter.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
I can and can't buy that. I understand more filtering media but I don't know that there are any proven results showing that - probably just people generating their own opinion. My wife's Maxima is supposed to get the larger filter but I've used the smaller one with no ill effects. The Maxima people all told me that the smaller filter is garbage (even though I've put 240k or so miles on the smaller garbage filter on my SE-R) It's interesting how Nissan is heading in the direction of consolidating all filters. I could technically use the same filter on my 1995 200SX SE-R, 2002 Maxima SE, 2008 G37, and 2008 FX45. The Maxima and FX are SUPPOSED to get the bigger filter

·
Registered
31 Posts
What's the number for the K&N oil filter for the 45? That will work on my 35 if I read that correctly? I use the larger filter on my WS6, it's for a lsx based truck

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just changed my oil today. I noticed that the filter that i bought from Nissan is smaller compare to the one I removed(nissan filter). is it okay, even tho package says its for fx35/45. should i be concern about the length ? whats the difference ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
yes nissan installed 9e000 filter when dealer did oil change for me.
when i went and bought filter from dealer they gave me different one.. which is short, but still fits and its for fx35/fx45

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Smaller filter is ok correct? I noticed the M1-108 was smaller than the oem Nissan I have on now. 108 is what comes up for the 35 though, so I assume it's correct.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anyone know the p/n for the Mobil 1 extended performance oil filter? The standard is M1-108... could the longer one be M1-208?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know the p/n for M1 oil filter, but M1-108 is okay for fx35. If you are looking for a bigger one, that should be M1-110 which I have been using.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm on mile 15,000 in my 2011 fx35 using Liqui-Moly. Stuff is good up to 30k miles! I'll probably change it out around 25k just to play it safe. Instead of oil changes every 5k, I just switch out the filter and I'm G2G. Curious to hear everyone elses thoughts on Liqui-Moly...

41 - 56 of 56 Posts