Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sunroof started giving me problems over a year ago when it got stuck open. Took it to a dealer - they said it's the motor, and must replace motor assembly: $1200. I said no thanks and got them to shut the roof. Then I hit the switch accidentally and it opened again and stuck. This time I got it completely disconnected and shut. I asked about it last month - was ready to spring for the $1200 and they said the parts are no longer available for the 2006. Are there any other solutions for getting a working sunroof? Junkyard parts? Aftermarket third-party?

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
The part seems to be available as far as I can see. You might have been dealing with someone who doesn't want to do the work to find the part or doesn't know how. Infiniti's official parts website lists the part:

And even links to an Infiniti seller:

Try using the part number and ordering from InfinitipartsUSA.com as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part seems to be available as far as I can see. You might have been dealing with someone who doesn't want to do the work to find the part or doesn't know how. Infiniti's official parts website lists the part:

And even links to an Infiniti seller:

Try using the part number and ordering from InfinitipartsUSA.com as well.

Wow, thank you! That's just the info I needed! :)

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Let us know if it works out for this repair

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know if it works out for this repair
Well, I got the same answer - sun roof parts not available. I told them the motor is appearing as available online, and they said the motor was skipping on the cable and the whole assembly would need to be replaced... and, no longer available. It's clear they don't want to deal with it, so, my sunroof is now just an ornament.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. As a last kick at the can I would try calling InfinitipartsUSA.com. I haven't dealt with them for years but they were the go to oem parts supplier during my first few years on this site. Joe Tesensky was the person over there that was the guy to talk to back in the day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts