Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that we have a 'detuned' version of the V8 that appears in some other models. Are there any actual differences or is it a marketing thing? Merecedes Benz chooses to say that its supercharged V8 makes more power in the SL55 than the E55 but dynos say they're the same. If there are actual restrictions on our FX V8 set ups, what are they and how do we get them back to the full potential? I would love to find some more HP / TQ through new intake plumbing and / or exhaust.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
It has 345 HP in the Q and M. It's been speculated that it's tied up in the intake and exhaust, but 30 HP seems a bit much just in that, so I'd have to say there's something in the ECM programming as well. About the only way tou're going to get at it is if Infiniti decides to do it, as no-one seems very interested in mods for the VK.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
It has 345 HP in the Q and M. It's been speculated that it's tied up in the intake and exhaust, but 30 HP seems a bit much just in that, so I'd have to say there's something in the ECM programming as well. About the only way tou're going to get at it is if Infiniti decides to do it, as no-one seems very interested in mods for the VK.
welp, no one cept for the owners of the fx's (and maybe Q's) that are going thru mod-less **** right now....

MGFR- i was leaning towards exhaust also, but agree that there's gotta be some engine management issues to make THIS much of a difference..... If TS ever cracks the VK code, look out..... we're gonna see some very respectable numbers (not gonna happen unless the VK makes it's way into the bay of a more performance dedicated platform....)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I would bet serious money it is the calibration..I doubt the exhaust is 5-10 diff

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think its the printing of the brochures and all form Infiniti. They gotta make the Q and M look better on paper. :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've read that we have a 'detuned' version of the V8 that appears in some other models. Are there any actual differences or is it a marketing thing? Merecedes Benz chooses to say that its supercharged V8 makes more power in the SL55 than the E55 but dynos say they're the same. If there are actual restrictions on our FX V8 set ups, what are they and how do we get them back to the full potential? I would love to find some more HP / TQ through new intake plumbing and / or exhaust.
I too have a45v8 and would love to get more hp&tor did you fine a way? I paid about $3000 on a installation of a invida exhaust I was hoping for much more than I got but she does shoot off like a rock it when you put your foot in it and it's not too load a nice deep v8 sound that really comes alive when your foot in it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts