Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my wash today, I notice the black trim below the doors and around the wheel wells etc. is showing a "whitesh" haze to it. This isn't wax as I am a Zaino user. I periodically apply "Back to Black" to blacken it up, but sometimes this is a pain. Is this dirt on the trim or it just "weathering". WTF?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Did you.?

Do you take your car to the car wash? If so, then, you have to realize if during one of the washing cycles that wax sealer is being applied to your car. If that is happening, then you will have a residue left on the trim slightly.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i would think that this falls under normal wear and tear. plastics and rubber probably tends to be porous on the surfacce and allowds dirt to colect in there. cleaning it with back to black probably fills in the pores and helps blacken it for a bit.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser; works for me. 8)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the inputs. I have never been to a carwash so I no its not sealer. I will try the magic eraser. Have you guys noticed your trim doing this?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser; works for me. 8)
**** magic eraser works on everything! im keeping one in the car so next time i get pulled over i can erase the cops :twisted:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
FXcellent said:
Have you guys noticed your trim doing this?
I have a few small areas on mine and I only use Zaino as well, so it has to be that that's doing it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to continue this thread by asking everyone how they maintain the black trim in the lower front and rear as well as below the doors. What do you do as part of your normal wash and detail cycle? I am trying to figure out what works the best to keep it looking new.

thanks,

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. Gives a nice satin sheen.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
You mean you CAN'T use Zaino? I've been Completely enveloping the entire car with Zaino, so far, great! Am i in for a big surprise soon, or what?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MGFR. When do you use the Magic Eraser? Does 303 clean the trim as well or does it just make it shine?

FXcellent

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
FXcellent said:
MGFR. When do you use the Magic Eraser? Does 303 clean the trim as well or does it just make it shine?

FXcellent
303 just makes it shine. I use the eraser whenever I see any areas that have residue, then 303 after it's cleaned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts